“Rock Solid”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A local friend brought me to Ollie's yesterday. It's a very inviting atmosphere when you walk in; it makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed. The staff is just so darn nice. I was so excited to see fresh juices on the menu, so we ordered a carrot and beet juice, and an apple, spinach and lemon juice. Delicious, and a great value at $3.79 when whole foods would charge $9 for the same. This was a beautiful way to start the dinner. Fresh, hot bread followed the juices with hummus and a garlic spread. Of course the bread is fantastic and the garlic spread rocks! The lentil soup is good but not great. Every entre on the menu looks delicious but I was getting full so I opted for a meat shawarma sandwich. It was great, such great flavors, seasoned meat and herbs all for $3.99. Go visit, it's a great value for some really good food in a very inviting atmosphere.

1  Thank Tracelogix

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Pretty well everything we ordered was excellent- kibabs, salad, soup,falafel, tabbouleh, and garlic dip- washed down with freshly made veggie juice.

1  Thank John_Tebowing
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stopped there while traveling. It was a pain finding the place, though I had a GPS, it is somewhat hidden behind some big store. Servant was good and he welcomed us. The took little time to bring the food. Hummus was not the best, my local restaurant's hummus tasted much butter. The kabab was fine, the pieces near the edges were little raw. The amount of rice was sufficient for one person. Overall, was OK but I was thinking it will be better.

1  Thank Marwan A
Reviewed 8 December 2013

DEARBORN HEIGHTS LOCATION(can't find their page)... I've tried salmon everywhere and they were disgusting. After I tried it from Ollie's in Dearborn heights I will be there almost everyday. Cooked amazing. Service had me speechless. Very polite. The food taste so fresh as if they have an ocean in their backyard. 20 dollars for the plate is a little to expensive. Which is a disappointment. Other than that I can not say anything bad about this place. I would take a picture of the food but it was so good I finished it so quick and didn't even realize. AMAZINGGG.

2  Thank ReyanKhanji
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I've been staying Detroit for several months on business and Ollie's is the one restaurant I look forward to each week. This clean, tastefully decorated Hallel (no alcohol) restaurant serves a simple menu of well prepared Middle Eastern classic dishes - kebobs, sharma etc. that are reasonably priced. Service is friendly and efficient. Entrees, which come with soup or salad, are quite ample. Those with smaller appetites will be well served with the many choices of special salads and appetizers as well as sandwiches.

1  Thank bikerbuff