“Would stay here again, comparison to other hotels read on...”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 17 June 2014

In short, I liked this hotel, I would stay here again, but keep in mind, the walls are thin!

The long version....

Other hotels I've been to in the area:
Adoba Hotel (formerly Hyatt Regency) (3.5 star)
Henry Autograph Collection (4 star)
Hilton Garden Inn (3 star)

This Country Inn was a 2.5 star.

I mostly used to stay at the Hyatt Regency before it became Adoba. It's still one of my favorites in the area, however, customer service is not as good as it used to be when it was a Hyatt.

I wanted to try other hotels so last time I stayed at the Henry Autograph Collection. That did not feel like a 4 star, and was my least favorite of the above.

The Hilton Garden Inn was a really nice, clean family hotel, but a little farther from the places we go (mostly near Warren and Schaeffer)

Now on to the Country Inn. Although this was a 2.5 star hotel, I really liked it. I liked it more than the dated Henry Autograph, it was comparable to the Hilton Garden Inn, and a nice change from the Adoba.

It includes parking, wifi, and breakfast. They also almost always have fresh baked cookies and coffee near the reception. The staff is very friendly and helpful. One day I missed breakfast, but one of the staff offered to get me some stuff that she still hadn't put away yet. The rooms are pretty spacious, clean and don't look dated. I think it is a fairly new hotel or was recently renovated. Breakfast is nothing outstanding, but not bad for free breakfast (some toast, bagels, waffle machines, cereal, and ham is pretty much the whole selection). I was happy with the waffles and didn't usually wake up early enough for breakfast anyway. The rooms are probably suitable for families, however, this brings me to my 1 complaint and warning if travelling with kids....

The walls are very thin!!! You can hear everything from the next room, as if they were right in there with you! Fortunately, I was travelling with just my wife this time (kids were with Grandma). The room next to us, was getting busy all night, and all morning long, and we could here almost everything a little too clearly. Soon, the bed in the room above us was shaking too. Since it was just my wife and I, we had a laugh about it. We were travelling with friends in 2 other rooms, and they didn't have the experience we had (their neighboring rooms were quieter people who went to sleep early). If I had the kids with me, I would have asked to be moved to another room.

When I checked out, I was asked how my stay was. I told them it was good, but the walls are very thin. She said "they get that a lot".

So, bottom line...

Would I stay here again? Yes. Why? Because the rooms were nice, service was good, and price was right. I would just be concerned about my neighboring rooms, especially if I had my kids with me. Since my friends didn't have the same experience in their rooms, I would expect, it won't always be as it was this time. If you get loud neighbors, just let the front desk know and they'll probably move you or ask them to be quiet.

Average prices for all the above hotel are between $120 - $180 per night.
Average prices I pay using Priceline "name your price" $60 - $95 per night
This hotel was listed for $148 this weekend and I got it for $84

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brawas

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The hotel was new, room was clean...The staff was a little scattered brained...Not sure what they were on...Our friends room had been smoked in and they didn't make it right for them...I preferred another hotel that we stayed at last summer by the Henry Ford Museum, but it was full...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DramJana
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Overall it was pretty clean, nicely decorated, staff friendly and helpful. Really my only complaints were our roomed smelled strongly of cigarette smoke, they tried to run a smoke eater machine but it didn't help :(. The breakfast was ok but the dining area was freezing. I would possibly stay there again? Location was in a decent area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in we were very happy with how neat and clean the hotel was, except one earring and a beer cap under our nightstand. Slept well other than an occasional noise. Breakfast was a joke. There was a large selection but everything was empty and when replenishing it, the worker would only added enough for two or three people. Example...the milk was out and so she brought more...but only two small cartons?! (There were 10-12 people eating) We were told the power was out on the waffle maker and when it finally came back on we were told that it would not be heated up before breakfast was complete...even though there was still an hour left! Juice was never put out until 9:30 when breakfast ended at 10. We could tell by watching the worker that only putting out a little here and a little there was a bad attempt to save money for the hotel. Very sad considering one big reason we chose this hotel was for the breakfast. We will not be staying here again.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My sister and I stayed at this location for three nights. The room was very clean. Breakfast was good. The staff was helpful and friendly. The location is perfect for a visit to the Henry Ford attractions. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MITraveler60
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I felt this hotel tried everything to be a little different from these three star hotels, like the metal silverware and china plates at breakfast as opposed to all plastic.
The hotel felt new and refreshing, not that it would be anything very special, but can be recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TRozsa
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Ok, most of the reasonably priced hotels in this town give you a horrible product. This hotel is very newly renovated. Rooms are very clean, bathrooms clean, firm mattresses, nicely sized in room tv with Directtv connection, no nasty stains on the carpet, no odors and a nice staff who don't cop attitudes with hotel guests. What a nice change from other hotels in the area.

Price of the room was a very good deal too. Any future business trips of mine to Dearborn will include my hotel stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business