Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I appreciate the clean, and quiet environment in which was provided by the Red Roof Inn's staff. Very prompt with morning rounds (cleaning services). Grounds were well maintained, and the hospitality (from check-in to check-out) was served with courtesy, and a smile. I will stay here again in the future, and highly recommend this establishment/location to others.

P.S. Had to provide marks for "restaurant, and swimming pool," and since I didn't see, or need either my marks were "poor."

Thank You!

Room Tip: Office is in the front, and well lighted with someone on duty 24/7; and it's close to the entren...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Kevin G. Thank you so much for your kind comments about the staff and inn. I really appreciate all of your input about your stay. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to ALL of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Make sure that you stop in, the next time you are in the area, visiting family, as you will be pleasantly suprised. We will be newly renovated the next time you come back to Michigan with all new mattresses and much much more! It's an exciting time here in Dearborn, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We paid $60 to stay one night in a Superior King room. The price was super. However I agree with others that state that the area of town is questionable. I did not feel safe sleeping there, especially on the first floor. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking but it reeked of old smoke and mildew. The room was large and clean despite the smell. My husband went to the front desk and asked for some room spray and the lady said they didn't have any but gave us a container of her "personal" spray. It only helped slightly. She did offer to move our room but it was so late that I just did not feel like doing this. The next night we stayed at another hotel and my pajamas smelled so bad from the night before that I could not wear them. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Fencelover, I really do apologize for the issue you experienced with the room not being smoke free. With our renovation that will start in December of this year our property will truely be a 100% Smoke Freee property. We will be replaceing all soft goods including the mattersses which hold the smoke smell. We will also have a total face lift including painting inside and out.

Again please accept my apology and I hope that I may have changed your mind about staying with us again.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

When reading about motels in the area initially I got kind of scared. But this Red Roof in is actually in quite and relatively upscale area. Lots of food options and shops, including many supermarkets around. There is a Mexican take out practically on the premises at the entry of the parking lot. The rooms are clean and quiet. Our room had a fridge and a microwave. No in-room coffee but their is plenty free and reasonable tasting coffee at the front desk. In the morning you can also pick up a breakfast bag with a muffin or granola bar, apple and bottle of water. Nothing too exciting, but still nice. Internet worked good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Bonairetraveller,

Thank you so musch for staying with us and for your kind comments! We try very hard to make all guests feel welcome and important and I'm happy to hear that you felt just "that". I will be sure to chare with the staff that you were very comfortable. Next time you visit hopefully our renovation will be completed and you will have an even better experience, if that s possible. Thanks again and we hope you come back the next time you are in the area!!

Janet and TEAM Dearborn!!

Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

King superior room in the back looked exactly like the picture on the internet & was spotless. $54 per night & less than 3 miles to the Henry Ford Museum. Staff was friendly & attentive, I'm now a Red Roof convert!

• Stayed: September 2012
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

I'm so glad that we were able to get you exactly where you wanted to be. I was also excited that I ended up being the person who checked you in. Thank you so much for staying with us and for your input.

If you thought the room you had was nice then I can't wait for you to visit again. With the renovation that is coming later this year we will have all new rooms again and we are so EXCITED!!

Thanks fo recognizing the efforts of our whole staff, we try very hard to make all guests feel welcome and important and I'm happy that we could do that for you. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Dearborn!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We spent three nights at the Red Roof Inn in Dearborn mostly because it was conveniently located near Greenfield Village. There aren’t many “across the street” restaurants but a Bob Evans is pretty close. The motel is an older outside-entrance design that I stayed at in 1990 but they’ve kept up with the times. The rooms were clean, nicely updated, and with comfortable mattresses… we stayed in a king sized room. The staff was uniformly pleasant and courteous but their smallish office lacked amenities such as comfy chairs and much tourist info. The bag breakfasts were strange at first but we got used to them. The $70 room charge was increased by $10 in various taxes but we were pleased with our experience and will stay there again when we return to revisit Greenfield Village... for about the tenth time.

Room Tip: First floor rooms away from Michigan Avenue are the quiet ones.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dennis K. I really appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay our location in Dearborn! We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of my TEAM. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continouosly improve the quality of our services.

My inn has been selected to be renovated starting in November of this year and we are so excited about the new rooms we will be able to offer every who visits the Dearborn area. Upgrades include new beds in "ALL" rooms, hardwood floors and so much more.

Thanks again and we hope you come back the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed here for two nights when visiting Greenfield Village. The room was clean but the exterior was very run down. This Red Roof is on the fringe of being in a questionable part of town. I would not feel safe staying here alone.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mbishoptraverler
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Dear mbishoptraveler,

Thank you for stay with us as well as your input. My property has been selected to get a select renovation starting this fall, So we share your thought that we need a face lift. We will revieve hard wood floors, a new bedding package as well as all new beds along with painting inside and out. This is a very exciting time for us in Dearborn, we try very hard to make all of our guessts feel welcome and important I hope we did that for you. Your comments are important to me as well as my staff, so thanks again and we hope you come back to see our new rooms in the begining of 2013!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We came back again for the third time and stayed here for a week. It's our home when we go to The Henry Ford (also a great place) It is great to come to a place like this that treats us like family, we are a family that uses two rooms. We all (down to the one year old) really like the hospitality and first rate service. Janet is a great host, and the rest of the staff including the housekeeping personnel are very friendly and quite helpful and assure that all needs are met promptly. Very clean, relaxing and quite place, while being at a great central location. Thanks again Janet and Staff for making our trip to Michigan one of total enjoyment, we are excited about coming again in the future!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
GM182, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2012

Michael, Thank you so much for staying with us and for your great comments. I truely appreciate the time that your family spent with us. What a very well behaved and proper group of lady's and gentlemen you have. I was really excited to share with you the fact that my inn has been chosen for a select renovation. This will include all new beds, hard wood floors and much much more. What an exciting time for us and I can't wait until you return to see the new inn. Thanks for recognizing the efforts of the staff, we try very hard to make all guests feel welcome and immportant.

Thanks again and we hope to see you next summer!!