“Friendly staff”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond to make my staff comfortable. It is convenient to work and shopping. Thank you to Collette, for arranging with
Fortus Group Travel, to accomodate my stay.

Room Tip: I chose a room on the main floor with a thick mattress.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I'm local but when we had home renovations done a few years ago and on the rare occasion we lose power we tend to stay here as the rates are reasonable and rooms are good sized - with the kids in a room adjacent to the adults. I've also recommended it to family and friends visiting - it's a fours story building, no frills but nice and clean, it's always been quiet in my experience and the rooms are good sized - with a kitchenette, full size fridges, electric cooktops, microwaves, dishes, nice bathroom, a desk to work at, a dinette table by the kitchen counter and a comfortable easy chair with ottoman. The LG flat screen TVs are nice and there's two free Showtime channels. The hotel is convenient to U-M Dearborn, Ford and adjacent to the Fairlane Mall and a number of decent restaurants - the Benihana is directly next door and a mere walk across the parking lot.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. - ESA #9818Trip Advisor Emily G "Eh..." I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues while staying with us. I am discussing your review with our staff to ensure that issue does notFri 2/22
Detroit - Dearborn - ESA #4198"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback likeFri 2/22
InboxFriday, February 22, 2013 8:37 AMDetroit - Dearborn - ESA #4198 [DER@extendedstay.com]Actions
To:MTomaszewski, Michele

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I have stayed at many hotels, and I find Dearborn's Extended Stay America to be one of the best. Every time I have stayed, which has been over a half a dozen times since I work across the street at the University of Michigan - Dearborn, I am welcomed by the front desk staff. I love being able to warm-up my leftovers in the microwave for dinner. The dishware is certainly welcomed. I also love that there is a refrigerator and coffee maker. I find the hotel to meet all of my needs. Although I have never stayed there with my family, I do have a three year old and a 9 month old, and I would not hesitate to stay there with my family as well. Thank you for making me feel at home, Extended Stay. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Extended stay Dearborn is one of the best places to stay at. All the staff is really nice, friendly and very professional. Hotel manager Collette is an amazing person who will make sure that during your stay, all of your needs are met in a most friendly and professional manner, she is awesome :)

Also Margaret and Anthony are very nice and friendly :)

Thanks to all of you lovely people @ extended stay Dearborn.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! Thank you so much for all the kind mentions of our staff members. They work so hard each day and I am truly happy they were able to make a difference for you!

Reviewed 28 November 2012

The staff was nice, polite and helpful. Collette initiated many changes during my stay, from new wide-screen televisions to mattress toppers on all guest beds. ( I had already purchased one for the bed in my room and donated it to them after checking out.) If they could get tv stations geared more towards the female travelers, my stay would have been better.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We appreciate feedback like yours as it helps us to better take care of our guests. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with our recent upgrades. I apologize for the television line up. This is something we are looking to make changes to as a company. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

very polite and helpful staff, which is very rare these days, i was pleasantly surprised at the size of the bedrooms, will defiantly recommend to family and friends, thank you Extended Stay for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you for your recent posting. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear you will return and will recommend others to our hotel. Thank you for choosing our hotel in Dearborn and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

This place is awesome, excellent prices, all the staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the hotel manager Collette. She will always make sure that the guests needs are properly taken care of, she is very humble, friendly, professional and always has a smile on her face :) Hats off to Collette. Thanks a lot for everything, u are a life saver :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you so much for your comments! It was a pleasure to hear from you. We appreciate your business very much. Thank you again for your glowing review. We hope to have you back when you are next in the Dearborn area.