“A good experience.”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A good experience.”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My family spent two nights in the hotel this weekend and had a great experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful and rooms and hotel condition were good. Good value and good amenities. The kitchens were adequate but sparse on utensils. The beds were comfortable and bathroom in very nice condition. The TV picture was outstanding. The wireless internet connection worked well. There were no surprises at checkout.

Room Tip: There is a cigarette smell near the stairwells where people must have gone to smoke, but the rooms h...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your great comments regarding your stay in Dearborn. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff took such great care of you. Thank you again for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Olivet, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is the hotel my company chose for me to stay at. I basically live here during the week so the large refrigerator and range is nice. The beds are newer and comfortable. The staff is average and the housekeeping is ok at best. The room is clean, but there is no attention to detail. The vents have not been cleaned since I've been here and it's been a year. There is no pool or rec area, it's basically a spartan apartment, but the any personal items you bring in are respected. The greatest problem I have is the lack of tv channels especially fox sports Detroit. I am a sports fan and have no way to watch any of the local teams. All in all, it is nothing special but not awful. I would not stay here for a weekend but long term it is serviceable.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DerekO436
Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continue providing great service and a great product to our guests. I apologize for the attention to detail. You are absolutely correct that this is unacceptable. As a result of your review, I have spoken with the management staff to ensure these deficiences are addressed immediately. As a company, we are reviewing our channel lineup and are hoping to make some changes this year. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I had dropped in to review the hotel in possibility of booking a block of rooms for a wedding. I was greeted by Asst. Manager Letitia Brown and given a tour of the hotel. I was informed of all the amenities and had a opportunity to view the rooms i would be selecting. She went above and beyond to show me hospitality.

Room Tip: all the rooms were wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that Letitia went above and beyond for you. We try to give the same level of service to all our guests! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My stay was in a large comfortable room. The kitchenette was perfect! Everything was neat, clean, and in working order. The staff was accessible and informative. I wound up extending my stay, and I'm definitely staying again.

The only things I'd change are: the 11am checkout to Noon, and the snack breakfast to hot breakfast. Most hotels offer BOTH the above, and there're MANY other available options in area. To be competitive, these things are in this hotel's best interest

This hotel is in a prime area of Metro-Detroit. Yet was quiet and secure. It's in a suburb with a variety of restaurants and a large mall within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013
RDO_Sarah_L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond to make my staff comfortable. It is convenient to work and shopping. Thank you to Collette, for arranging with
Fortus Group Travel, to accomodate my stay.

Room Tip: I chose a room on the main floor with a thick mattress.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I'm local but when we had home renovations done a few years ago and on the rare occasion we lose power we tend to stay here as the rates are reasonable and rooms are good sized - with the kids in a room adjacent to the adults. I've also recommended it to family and friends visiting - it's a fours story building, no frills but nice and clean, it's always been quiet in my experience and the rooms are good sized - with a kitchenette, full size fridges, electric cooktops, microwaves, dishes, nice bathroom, a desk to work at, a dinette table by the kitchen counter and a comfortable easy chair with ottoman. The LG flat screen TVs are nice and there's two free Showtime channels. The hotel is convenient to U-M Dearborn, Ford and adjacent to the Fairlane Mall and a number of decent restaurants - the Benihana is directly next door and a mere walk across the parking lot.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Detroit - Auburn Hills - Featherstone Rd. - ESA #9818Trip Advisor Emily G "Eh..." I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you experienced issues while staying with us. I am discussing your review with our staff to ensure that issue does notFri 2/22
Detroit - Dearborn - ESA #4198"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback likeFri 2/22
InboxFriday, February 22, 2013 8:37 AMDetroit - Dearborn - ESA #4198 [DER@extendedstay.com]Actions
To:MTomaszewski, Michele

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I have stayed at many hotels, and I find Dearborn's Extended Stay America to be one of the best. Every time I have stayed, which has been over a half a dozen times since I work across the street at the University of Michigan - Dearborn, I am welcomed by the front desk staff. I love being able to warm-up my leftovers in the microwave for dinner. The dishware is certainly welcomed. I also love that there is a refrigerator and coffee maker. I find the hotel to meet all of my needs. Although I have never stayed there with my family, I do have a three year old and a 9 month old, and I would not hesitate to stay there with my family as well. Thank you for making me feel at home, Extended Stay. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 14 February 2013