“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I chose stay here on a trip & the hotel with searching on Trip Advisor & would recommend to stay here.

Staff were very friendly & welcoming, cleaniless was good & great amenities in the rooms.

Look forward to staying again on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and friendliness of our staff. As well, I am so happy that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel has to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Battle Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

When I booked this hotel I took my time reading the reviews and was a little wary. But when i got there I was very surprised. Carrie checked me in and explained all the extras, she seemed very busy but didn't rush me, I liked that. Housekeeping is once a week which I wasn't used to but i could exchange my towels at the front desk or pay $10 for an additional housekeeping day. It really did feel like a little apartment.
Great value, great rooms, great staff I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for providing you with an efficient check-in and such friendly service. Carrie, is a great addition to our staff, so I will be sure to share your remarks with her directly. As well, I am very happy that you enjoyed your great room and the great rate we are able to offer it at!

Rogers City, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I don't like to complain much but this place is terrible. First of all, when we went into the room IT HADN'T BEEN CLEANED! There was trash in the garbage can, and there was hair in the bath tub...I was apalled. We had to put the trash in the hallway! Manager did very little to make us more comfortable. The TV remote didn't even work.

DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL AT ANY PRICE!

Room Tip: run away before the bed bugs get you!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards. Please accept our apologies. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Travellers are raving about these Dearborn hotels

Grand Rapids
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

When I arrived, I had to wait at the service counter for 20 minutes to check in because no one was there. The place is understaffed and the person running the service counter had to help someone with a problem with their room. My first room had a hole in the wall and wasn't cleaned because there was pepperoni on the floor. The next morning I woke up to the hot water not working. They did transfer me to another room after I alerted them of the problem. The next room was worse than the first. There were 3 liquor bottles under the sink, 3 gallon jugs above the cabinets, and a bag of mystery in the cupboard I wasn't about to find out the contents. They transferred me again that night and the hot water didn't work in that room. They did fix that problem though. They have a kitchen and a sink but they didn't have any dish soap for me to use. Smokers prop open the outside doors which creates the smell of smoke in the stairwells and poses a security threat. The hallway carpet is in desperate need of being replaced. The place did provide me shelter, a bed to sleep on, and a refrigerator. If you are looking for more, spend your money somewhere else

Room Tip: I had 3 different rooms and had problems with all of them
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank doctorkar
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had several cleanliness issues during your stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with the housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at der@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is my first time staying at one of these hotels and I chose this particular hotel for convenience and lack of other choices. On the whole, the hotel was passable but a little lackluster. The rooms were a little dingy but clean enough but our room had a slight off-putting odor. The staff were all friendly and helpful. This is not the type of hotel to which I would return given other choices--it's not a great value for money at about $100/night--but it was passable for one night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that your room had a slight odor. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that the housekeeping staff is working to eliminate any cleanliness issues in order to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at der@extendedstay.com We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We use theses hotel for a long time, this one was not good enough as the others one. The breakfast is very very poor, the hair dryer we should as on the front desk to have, the front desk people was not friendly. The location and the parking was good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Paulo - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.
I am so disappointed that you felt the grab and go breakfast did not have enough option and the staff was not attentive to your needs. Please accept my apologies.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

This was a short 2 day vacation trip for me and my wife and friends. Overall, the staff was very helpful. The first problem was the room, it was a little dirty and the furniture was worn or broken. We were moved to another room and had issue with the room, like broken furniture again, phone not working and the door security hook was broke. Staff upgraded our room. I can not say I enjoyed myself because of all the issues with the room and the elevator being out-of-service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RHuffEL
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had to move twice and had issues with cleanliness and broken furniture in both rooms. As well, that you had to move rooms when the elevator was being repaired. To prevent this from happening again, my team is adding additional items to our daily housekeeping checklist and will increase the number of inspections of their work that are completed.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at jdavis@extendedstay.com to discuss this a little further and allow me the opportunity to address these issues with you personally. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.