“July 2014”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This location is not where you want to be on a business trip!
Dirty carpets, no shampoo/conditioner in the room, stained towels and bathtub.
Extended stay residents on the "scary" side.
People just outside the main entrance smoking....who knows what.
No conference room available for business.
Stay away....far away!

Room Tip: Best room would be in another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Matt Y

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Got a hotwire room for a last minute stay. Hotwire is a gamble and this time we LOST BIG! Black sticky lumps scattered on carpet. Wall edging pulling away. Only 2 chipped plastic glasses in the cupboard and a cracked and chipped coffee pot. Arrived after a late flight at 3 am and requested a later check out and was told ALL CHECK OUTS after 11 am required another day stay. Asked for a kingbed which would have been an up charge. The daily breakfast offered is a granola bar/fruit grab and go. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank nlho
Reviewed 22 January 2014

There were some issues early on, including a hotel key that didn't work, and maintenance issues in the room. However, the staff fixed the situation to my satisfaction. The hotel is near a mall, which is good if you like to shop I suppose. I used the proximity of the hotel to Henry Ford Museum, which was a short trip away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Christopher A
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellent Hotel i love thr grab& go breakfast. I wasted coffee on my shirt Thank god for the on site laundry.Love this hotel thanks again. First desk staff is awesome.My bed was very comfortable plus my back feel great.My room was very spacious clean beautiful.I told myself i would be here from now on 2 thumbs up. I love Extended Stay Of Dearborn Mi.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast as well as having laundry facilities on-site. It is also great to read that our staff provided you with such great service and that you found your room to be spacious as well as clean.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed at the Extended Stay America for four days while visiting The Henry and Greenfield Village. The hotel is located in a great area...near highways, shopping, restaurants and the sites we wanted to visit. The staff was helpful and extremely friendly. The hotel however was terrible. It was worn, smelled, and carpets in the public areas were disgusting. Snips of paper remained on the hallway floors throughout our stay. The carpet in our room had two large black sticky stains near the bed, the sheets for the bed did not fit properly and would slip off during the night, and the items provided in the kitchen are were sparse at best...a king suite with only one glass in the entire unit?!?! Our air conditioner was not working properly...had only a high setting..we reported it the first day, to no avail. So our option was to let the unit run during the day while we were gone and shut it down at night. The elevator was slow and would take a slight drop before opening! On our second night we requested additional towels at around 5 p.m. and were told by the front desk they were not ready. Went to dinner, returned around 7 p.m. and received the same message..no towels yet...finally at 8:00 p.m. we received towels. We did not have high expectations because this is a budget hotel, but being clean costs very little and this hotel misses the mark by miles. Overall this hotel was a great disappointment and we will not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Katrena - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and our staff's service. Still, I am sorry that your room was unclean and had an odor. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to deep clean your room and also improve our cleaning procedures overall. As well, I am going to review our laundry procedures with the entire team to ensure that there are linens and towels always available for our guests to enjoy.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at der@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for 42 days due to my travel coordinator booking mix-up. Regretted 42 days.
Would never recommend it, but nevertheless, I will give the fairest possible review.
Good:
Great location. Highways, shopping, restaurant and activities are all close. Parking was plentiful.
Stove, cupboards, fridge, bathroom sink and counter and kitchen floor (wood - smart idea) were all clean
Bad:
Microwave was dirty / all the furniture looked like it was purchased as used / Found pubic hair on the bed / the sink drain hole was very dirty and so was the carpet / Towels were old, worn and very thin (probable well used. The hotel has a funky smell which try to mask, instead of clean, with scented sprays. All hallways, entrances, lobby and stairways smell horrible and full of stains. In fact I once called the front desk to take a whiff of the stairways and he quickly he agreed, covering his nose. The staff was never tidy and their uniforms were always wrinkled, however they were very friendly. Wireless internet signal strength was too low at the end of the building (my room) so video streaming was not possible. The phone was faulty. Getting through to me was a trial and error task.
The most cost effective upkeep is cleanliness and this hotel fails badly. No exaggeration.
Not because it's a budget hotel means cleanliness must be sacrificed.
Not sure if they have any pride in their image or if customer satisfaction have any relevance.

Room Tip: Choose it only if it's recommended or you see it first. Pictures don't show dirt and smell.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and having a fully equipped kitchen at your disposal. Still, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our WiFi did not always work properly for you. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to enhance our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I have spoken with our WiFi provider and we are working to ensure a speedier experience for all of our guests.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at der@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We wound up here via Priceline when we were planning a couple of days visiting the Henry Ford. It was exactly what you would expect for $39: worn and weird smelling. No, that's too harsh, I suppose.

The property is really, really worn. The carpets in the public areas are disgusting. I was having a mini-panic attack going to our room. BUT, the front desk staff was really, really friendly and helpful. Our room, while not the cleanest, had a full kitchen (yes, a full sized fridge, stove and microwave! Even a toaster), two fine beds with newer comforters and great-working air conditioning. Lots of towels. The grab and go breakfast (oatmeal, oatmeal bars, pre-packaged muffins, coffee) was perfect for our family.

Honestly, I don't know if we would stay here again (my husband and I are were pretty skeeved out by the grimy feel of the place), but our kids thought it was just fine and it was cheap.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about how friendly the staff were; however, we apologize that the cleanliness was not up to par.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have already shampooed the hallway carpets to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Once again, thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at der@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.