“Great factory tour”

Ford Rouge Factory Tour
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Dearborn
Reviewed 28 August 2013

It was fun watching the Ford 150's roll off the factory line. I was amazed how many trucks are made each hour. The living roof was so amazing. The gardens were very well manicured. Make sure you arrive early enough to do the ecology walking tour. It was only offered one time the day we visited. I did not know Henry Ford was into ecology. Very well presented. Staff is well versed in all aspects of Henry Fords life and business ventures

Reviewed 27 August 2013

You get the shuttle bus from the Henry Ford Museum and it takes you right to the door. If you buy your tickets together it makes it cheaper. I would suggest you do all the activities in the Henry Ford village area.

The actual tour of the factory was brilliant, I found it all very interesting. The F150 trucks that are being made there are ones that are being made to order. Watching the employees work if interesting and you can see each section at a time being assembled right through to the testing of the finished car.

The 360 cinema was interesting and effective. Overall a great, interesting and informative day. I will visit again.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is part of the Henry Ford Museum and you will take a shuttle to the Factory. There are 6 stations to tour. The first 2 you have to do in order which are a couple of videos, one about Ford and history and the second about modern engineering. The other stations you can do at your leisure and in any order. They have an observation desk, a view of legendary cars and information about greenery/botanicals. Of course, the best part was the assembly plant which was really amazing. We got to watch all the different processes of putting an F150 together. We watched the machine put on the windshields. We enjoyed watching the workers and figuring out what pieces they were installing as the conveyor moved the shell from one worker to another. Finally the cab and the box got put together. Then you can walk and look over into the room where they are putting the trucks through final testing. Very enjoyable and information experience. You can't take pictures in the assembly plant since it is a working factory so be prepared for that. Definitely worth the cost, which is pretty reasonable.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I would recommend the Rouge tour, providing the factory is operating. It was and my son and grandson also thought it was worth the short trip from Greenfield Village. Very well presented and makes you appreciate how boring some jobs are. Doing the same thing over and over, even if making a good salary, would not be for any of us. The two films were good and the "green building" explanation was also informative. We spent two hours there and would give it three thumbs up!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We surprisingly spent about three hours here. The assembly line was running that day and it was very interesting to watch. (If the line is not running, I would not take the tour.). Takes about 15 minutes or so to get there by bus from The Henry Ford Museum (that's the only way to get in -- no walk in admissions). The movies were interesting, but a little too loud, a little blurry and COLD! Thank you to the wonderful staff member who voluntarily gave me her jacket to wear during the movie. I was wearing a sleeveless top and she recognized that I would freeze to death without a jacket.....in August! Seriously, save some energy and turn down the A/C. They brag about having the largest green roof and solar panels yet they blast the A/C unnecessarily and the staff has to wear jackets indoors. How ironic and completely wasteful!