“Going down hill fast”

Dining options: After-hours
Chesterfield, MI
“Going down hill fast”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have been to Bailey's several times with the guys from work, and for the most part have enjoyed the food and atmosphere, however things have changed for the worse. The metered parking is very annoying (as others have mentioned) but the restaurant can't really control that. The last couple visits (within the last month) I have noticed a decline in service, but today was the last straw. They managed to upset ten of us to the point that they will never return.

It was a busy lunch and we were not even acknowledged by a waitress for 15-20 minutes. We let it pass because they were busy. Since there was not room to accommodate all of us, we sat at two tables Seven people at one table and three of us at another. After getting our sodas, we settled in and talked while waiting for our food. After 30 minutes, we asked how much longer. We were told 5 minutes. So we waited and waited.....and waited. After another 20 minutes we asked again, and were told just 5 more minutes.

Now we have been there over one hour and people are getting upset. We saw several tables walk out because they had been there when we arrived and had not yet got their food. Seven people from our group walked out. The three of us remained trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the constant stream of lame excuses from the Manager and waitresses. After a total wait of TWO HOURS I got my sandwich and fries. The sandwich was COLD and the fries luke warm.....I couldn't believe it. I took my plate and gave it to the manager and told him that my $10 sandwich that took two hours to make should AT LEAST be hot! He apologized up and down and gave me a coupon for a free appetizer.....oh boy.....I asked him what made him think that I would ever return. He admitted that he would not have waited that long to eat somewhere. He told me that I wouldn't have to pay for my meal. I told him that was OK because at that point I didn't plan on paying him for it anyway.

The sad part is that between my bosses, vendors, and coworkers we spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars per year in that establishment and the wait staff know my boss by name. Talking to some other patrons they said that they noticed that probably half of the dining room had walked out before getting their food because it took so long.

Advice to the manager... if people are out for lunch, they usually have limited time (not my problem on this particular day) and need to be told the truth about what to expect. People will appreciate your honesty if you tell them that there may be a long delay getting their food when they arrive. If people wait more than 15 or 20 minutes, it would be a good idea to try to comp some people some appetizers and explain that you are having problems but trying to accommodate them the best that you are able. The manager should be out trying to appease the crowd instead of letting the waitresses get the brunt of the attack. This manager "hid out" plating orders instead of stepping up and handling things. When he did come to the dining room he just kept telling people that their orders would be up "in five minutes".

I can no longer recommend this place to anyone unless you really have nothing more important to do than wait two hours for your food while you watch sports television.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank igor948

Region of Waterloo, Canada
“Booked their team room short notice, very accomodating!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We were in Detroit for a girls hockey tournament January 2014, and looking for a restaurant to take the entire team and parents to for a team dinner. This place exceeded our expectations, especially on such short notice (less than 24 hrs.) They set up their back room for us, pushed tables together for the large parent table and for the girls team. Plenty of choices on tap as well a great $2.50 beer draft beer special. I had their beer cheese with pretzel's, and when disappointed with the initial amount of cheese dip that was brought out, the waitress quickly rectified by bringing me out another container. They had the football game on for those that wanted to watch on the many big screen's on site. Service was relatively quick and attentive and we would recommend going back again, especially if your looking to book something for a team related event.

• Visited January 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful night out and great burgers!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Went for burger and sandwich. Staff was extremely attentive and manager stopped by too. Very friendly place. Next time we plan to play some pool. Will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2014
Davison, Michigan
“Good Food & Drink!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The food here is always great - much better than typical bar food. Tons of beers on tap and the staff is friendly. Great place for happy hour with co-workers - great crowd.

Visited October 2013
Motown
“I should have asked how many pieces...”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The food here is typical bar/grill food...nothing out of the ordinary. The beer selection is decent and the area has metered parking and it's enforced. I would normally stay longer and spend more money but the meters are annoying so I don't stay any longer than the meters allow me to. Thanks Dearborn, keep your quarter and lose $20. Okay, so I ordered the Beer Battered Chicken tenders for $7.99. It was tender as advertised, but at only 4 pieces was a rip off. It was served in a cone shaped container that had paper inside. I believe that is so you won't get dissappointed right away at the lack of food you ordered. I won't order that again and i'll look for better value else where.

• Visited October 2013