We booked this hotel blind on Hotwire for a weekend in Detroit to visit family. When the name came through, my wife and I were a little concerned until looking at the pictures and realizing this was the old Dearborn Hyatt (Phew!). How bad could it be?
We arrived and were greeted promptly. Not much had changed in the lobby except there were not many people around for a Friday night. The reception staff was very good. Appreciated the welcome beverage tickets for each night we stayed.
Up to the room and found the typical Hyatt style beds and accommodations. TVs have been upgraded to LED which is nice and expected for a green, 4 star hotel. Rooms still need some updates, but ours was clean and well prepared. Bathroom was clean. No evidence of mold or mildew. Room was not dusty like some places and noticed an air filter covering the intake air return (not visible unless you are really looking). Did not wake up with the usual stuffiness when staying in Hotels lately.
Pool area was warm. Water temperature comfortable. Towels were promptly replaced and filled when calling the front desk. TVs in the workout area did not work. Sauna did not appear to warm up so used the hot tub.
Did not eat on site. Plenty of options in the area.
Overall, a good stay. 4 stars only because there is still work to do in the rooms and amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-known within the charming city of Dearborn, Michigan across the street from Ford World Headquarters, Fairlane Mall, and minutes from the Henry Ford Museum. Only minutes from downtown Detroit, Canada and Detroit airport. Royal Dearborn Hotel & Convention Center guests will receive complimentary WI-FI, new 40" SMART flat screen TV's, fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub. Start your morning off in Giulio's & Sons Restaurant or in a morning hurry stop by BREW Specialty coffee shop proudly serving Starbuck products. Awarded the Green Eco 4 Key certification this landmark hotel has a passion for customer service and offering you a fantastic sustainable stay whether for business or pleasure. Make time to browse, shop the trendy gift shop located on the 1st floor. Relax and rejuvenate with a signature massage from our onsite spa or sample the delectable culinary creations from the restaurants impressive portfolio of creating savory, organic daily menus using local ingredients serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Edward Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Dearborn Hotel Dearborn
- Dearborn Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Dearborn
- Edward Hotel & Conference Center Dearborn, Michigan