Edward Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village(Dearborn)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$295
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,064 results
All reviewsgiulio sonshyatt regencyfairlane mallshopping malldearborn areagreenfield villageford museumdetroitmi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Don't be shy about planning a getaway to Detroit, MI. The hospitality we received was outstanding. Our hotel set the tone for the whole visit. Adoba is large and luxurious. We were there for 5 nights. When my husband pulled up to the door, someone was there to open my car door. The front desk staff was courteous and welcoming. The room was spotless and had a nice view.

Room Tip: A sunset view is really nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at the Adoba Hotel in Dearborn 8 & 9 June.

This is the former Hyatt Hotel – I have stayed at this facility every two years for a number of years to attend a bi-annual conference. My understanding is the hotel’s upkeep was slowly neglected until Hyatt decided it was below it standards and thus was sold to Adoba.

Under the Adobe management this establishment goes out of the way to impress guests as to how ‘green’ they have made their facility. While green may be a hot marketing trend in hotel marketing, the Adoba has only put lipstick on this pig.

As to some of their ‘green’ efforts:

The first sign was rather than bottled water they have boxed water – at $5 for 16oz that is certainly green, i.e. $40/gallon of green in their profit column.

Next item was the bar of soap in the bath, double wrapped - paper first and then a box - to make the packaging industry sustainable.

The in-room coffee service provided two cups – non-disposable – but only one coffee pod – sharing is conserving.

The room thermostat - no matter the temperature setting, always a constant 71.4F just the way an environmentalist likes it – I guess.

The rooms remain very dated with worn carpets and drab interiors. Apparently their “Hypo-Allergenic Guestrooms purification process” only includes spraying things and not replacing worn items. One clear sign that NO money was spent on room upgrades is the straight shower curtain rod – curved rods are de rigueur.

A few words about the conference dining experience – the service was always quite good, however the logistics left something to be desired. The food served was good to acceptable considering serving 600+ at the same time is a ridiculous challenge. At the conference banquet the organizers decided two bottles of wine (red and white) per table was all they would provide. With 10 at a table, a bottle of red does not make it around the table even with 3 non-drinkers. Our table asked to buy another bottle of red. After the head waiter was summoned, he informed us they had no way to charge us for such a request and apologized. As we were about to start the dessert course, the staff brought out an additional bottle wine for many tables offering “this is complements of Adobe.” Obviously, the left and right Adoba hands do not communicate too well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LostLen
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I was here for technical conference. This place used to be a Hyatt and was very elegant from back in the 90s or before. Now with the new independent owner they've done okay job but the rooms are still a bit boring. But I got a very good rate and I think this is a good place for a middle-of-the-road hotel for a conference where the attendees are on a tight budget. You definitely need a car if you stay here because there's nothing within walking distance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank richard_traveler
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Adoba is showing its age. Carpets and walls look a bit dingy, and it's all rather dark in this atrium-style hotel. The pool isn't in the best of shape and conference rooms are stuck back in the early 1980s. That said, the hotel provided a great location for our family as a jumping off point to visit Dearborn and Detroit. The VIP suite was a great size for our family of four. And the hotel staff was responsive to our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank skiddered
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My stay at the Adoba was very, very enjoyable. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was exceptionally helpful. Everyone from the front desk staff to the laundry staff were very courteous and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Detroit or Dearborn. The hotel is conveniently located right across the street from a Mall that has very nice restaurants. I just cannot say enough about the staff of the Adoba. They were exceptionally helpful and courteous. My family and I were in Detroit for our religious convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. In January we made our reservations at the Adoba and I would like to say that the staff in the Reservations Department were very professional, polite and courteous. The managers of the Adoba should be very proud of their entire staff. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Adoba, Dearborn. Lorraine Johnson

Room Tip: I loved my room on the front of the building on the sixth floor overlooking the lobby entrance and a good view of the Mall.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family