The entrance and lobby are luxurious, but don’t be surprised if you are assigned a room in a separate, more modest building. We were in the McGuffey Building (as in the McGuffey Reader) with a book-theme. The outer doors have seen better days and one whiff of the well-used “smoker’s outpost” might make you question your choice of hotels, but don’t be discouraged. And don’t look for an elevator to the second floor because there isn’t one.
We selected the Henry Ford package that includes two tickets per person to either the museum, Greenfield Village, or factory tour. That’s two tickets per person, per day. What a deal! We arrived well before check-in time, but were able to pick up our tickets at the hotel and head over to do a half-day at Greenfield Village. We were staying three nights, and after questioning me as to how many Henry Ford tickets we actually needed, the helpful desk clerk suggested a more inexpensive rate for the third night to save money and avoid having extra tickets. (We did Greenfield Village in a day and a half, the museum in one day, and the factory tour the morning we checked out.)
We left our car parked at the hotel and took the complimentary shuttle to and from The Henry Ford. You do a lot of walking and it helps to not have to walk to the parking lot after a long day.
The breakfast buffet (included in the package rate) was awesome. We ate dinner at the restaurant one night, and at the bar the other two nights. The bar is a little more casual.
The pool was wonderful. Extremely large and well maintained.
We loved the historic aspect of the hotel, including a curious abandoned building frozen in time.
We had no issues with the room itself, but there was some door slamming and loud, late-night talking in the hallways, but it’s not the hotel’s fault. I suspect this is more of an issue on the weekend, when they host a lot of weddings.
All in all, a very satisfactory experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to an urban oasis spanning 23 lush acres at The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel in Dearborn, Michigan. Built on the grounds of Ford Motor Company in 1931, our hotel is ideally located near downtown Detroit and Detroit Metropolitan Airport. In a setting reminiscent of traditional American hospitality, this hotel boasts 229 spacious guest rooms and suites furnished with luxurious bedding. A unique array of accommodations include the Main Inn, two Colonial lodges and five Colonial guest homes. Amenities include an on-site fitness center, outdoor pool and several nearby golf courses offering ample leisure activity close to major corporations and cultural sites such as The Henry Ford. The AAA Four Diamond, award-winning hotel offers two eateries serving classic American cuisine. Highlighted by more than 17,000 square feet of flexible event space, this historic hotel is perfect for hosting social affairs, intimate weddings or large business events with ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dearborn Hotel Marriott
- Marriott Dearborn
- Dearborn Inn
- Dearborn Marriott
- The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel Michigan