“Early November trip to Dearborn”

The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We were in Dearborn in early November to attend my niece's wedding celebrated at nearby Greenfield Village. We spent 2 nights at the Dearborn Inn. The place is beautiful. The lobby is so elegant and as soon as you walk in the staff approaches to see if they can help in any way. Our room was in a building right next to the main building. The room was large and elegantly furnished. One disadvantage was there was no elevator..so we did have to carry luggage up the stairs to the second floor. Both the bedroom and bath were extremely clean. One odd thing was there was no place to hang our towels...so we ended up using the closet to hang them. We had a corner room with windows on both sides and the scenery was lovely...all the trees were in Fall colors. The bed was very soft and I think some prefer that. I would chose a firmer mattress if I had a choice.

As I mentioned , the lobby was elegant. This become our family meeting place. The restaurant was very nice looking. The food was average at dinner, but some family went there for lunch the next day and said the lunches were excellent.

I would love to stay there again. Maybe the next time during the summer and we can enjoy the outdoor pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SaundraK15206

Reviewed 21 November 2013

A group of friends and I came to Detroit for the Cincinnati Bengals vs The Lions in Oct. The Dearborn Inn was the most price efficient hotel we could find (there was a race downtown I believe)
We only stayed one night and really did not get the chance to partake in all the hotel and grounds have to offer.
The lobby is grand and almost like a step back in time, in a good way!
Check in was very easy. Our group had 8 rooms total.
The rooms were very clean. The beds were extremely comfy as well.
If you get the chance, do the Henry Ford Museum. Really fun.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Dearborn Inn doesnt feel like a hotel. When you walk into the lobby , you feel as if you've entered another time ....a time when people mattered and hotels and inns wanted you to enjoy being there. There's a relaxed charm about the place. I'm astonished that any chain should manage to engineer an environment that many boutiques can't seem to.

Room Tip: The larger suites on the lower ground floor are spacious and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband grew up in Dearborn so I've known about the Dearborn Inn for many years. When you come back, you always wonder if it will still be as special as you remembered it to be. Well, the inn has kept its charm and continues to re-define graciousness in today's fast-paced world. My room (339) was large, quiet, well-equipped for a modern traveler with three smart devices, and tastefully decorated. The lobby (with warm apple cider at this time of year ) makes you feel like you've entered an East Coast luxury hotel and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I opted to walk to Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum (easy walk) although the inn's shuttle will take you there. The airport is about fifteen minutes away by taxi. Edison's restaurant has an executive chef who knows how good food should be prepared and presented. Ten Eyck's bar is a great place for a drink and more casual dinner. And room service was quick and incredibly reasonably priced. I really enjoyed my stay and am glad to know that some places, like the Dearborn Inn, can and do get better over time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed here on business and was very pleased with my stay. The room was very clean, staff was very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate me. The food and bar was great. I absolutely loved this place. The limo service to local restaurants was awesome. Very safe hotel and a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

On a rare personal trip in the midst of a heavy business travel schedule, my wife and I stayed at the Dearborn Inn. I have stayed in more modern and expensive hotels from Los Angeles to Boston over the past few months. The historic charm of the Dearborn Inn is second to none. In addition to the more than 200 guest rooms the inn has five replica homes of famous Americans, one of which we plan to reserve for our next stay. Unlike many older historic hotels the Dearborn Inn has been well preserved and is a great property for individual stays or small and large gatherings.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed with the Dearborn Inn in December 2012. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The rooms were very warm and inviting. But by far the most amazing part was the breakfast. We thought that we may have died during the night and ended up in heaven. That's how delicious the food was. Our waitress was very friendly and offered us top notch service as well. We will stay at the Dearborn Inn next time we come to Detroit!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
The Henry, Autograph Collection
Hampton Inn by Hilton Detroit Dearborn
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn
Courtyard Detroit Dearborn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn

Been to The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!