We have stayed here in the past. This time was a bit different for some reason. They just weren't on their game. We had to ask for extra towels, toilet paper, hand soap, and extra blankets. We had a family of five staying at the hotel for the weekend. We had a roll away bed in our suite as a result. Maybe they just don't usually have this arrangement, but we fell short of all of the basics and had to ask for these items? When we asked, they questioned us about it. No explanation is required or necessary in my opinion. Believe me, we weren't stealing the towels or toilet paper. There was a printed, laminated list of costs in the room for missing items....like the shower head and robes etc.?! Really? WT...? Someone will go to a 4 star hotel to steal shower heads? Huh?! In all fairness, there is a large third world immigrant population in Dearborn. So maybe when the relatives from abroad come to stay they lift stuff?! I dunno? Jus' sayin'. Just a weird vibe.
This is a beautiful, well appointed hotel. It has more history than can be imagined. Almost every famous person that ever visited Dearborn has stayed there. It's well located near everything that there is to do and see. The restaurants, appointments, service and rooms are beyond excellent. It is great and we love it, normally.
Normally the service is what you would expect from a top end hotel. This time it just felt a bit cheap. We'll try it again one day. Maybe they won't fall short the next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to an urban oasis spanning 23 lush acres at The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel in Dearborn, Michigan. Built on the grounds of Ford Motor Company in 1931, our hotel is ideally located near downtown Detroit and Detroit Metropolitan Airport. In a setting reminiscent of traditional American hospitality, this hotel boasts 229 spacious guest rooms and suites furnished with luxurious bedding. A unique array of accommodations include the Main Inn, two Colonial lodges and five Colonial guest homes. Amenities include an on-site fitness center, outdoor pool and several nearby golf courses offering ample leisure activity close to major corporations and cultural sites such as The Henry Ford. The AAA Four Diamond, award-winning hotel offers two eateries serving classic American cuisine. Highlighted by more than 17,000 square feet of flexible event space, this historic hotel is perfect for hosting social affairs, intimate weddings or large business events with ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dearborn Hotel Marriott
- Marriott Dearborn
- Dearborn Inn
- Dearborn Marriott
- The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel Michigan