“Excellent hotel near the Henry Ford museum”

The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Dearborn Inn for 2 nights in the beginning of May. It has a beautiful lobby and the room was very nice. Everything was clean and well kept. Since it is an older building the bathroom is fairly small and my one (minor) complaint it that there is no where to put your towel. The walls also seemed a bit thin because I was able to hear people talking in the adjoining room and they were only speaking at a normal volume.

We did the Henry Ford package and the buffet breakfast was very good. There was a chef making fresh omelets, and there was plenty of fresh fruit, danish and other eats. My husband loved the pot of coffee and they even gave him a "to go" cup to take with him.

All in all it was a very enjoyable stay and the proximity to the museum was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYLizzyTish

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Henry Ford built this hotel in 1930 so his guests arriving at Ford Field across the street wouldn't have to drive into Detroit for lodgings. The airport closed in 1933, but the hotel has continued. The style of the buildings reflects Ford's interest in colonial architecture. An interesting feature are the precise reproductions of famous American's homes behind the main building. These serve as part of the hotel now. Other detached buildings from the main hotel were built with rooms for families and newlyweds, so the rooms are spacious.

I found the staff uniformly friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet. I noticed the bathroom faucet was dripping, so I called the front desk and it was attended to right away as was a burned out light bulb in the desk lamp. I had a late lunch in the dinning room. Both the service and the food were good. The hotel is within walking distance of the Ford museum, but if you prefer a ride, a shuttle is provided. There is an outdoor swimming pool, but the surrounding fence has large signs saying "no swimming." Perhaps it was too early in the season. The hotel bar is large and dark, but the servers were attentive and pleasant and the drinks were good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Droplet1927
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I wanted to visit Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village and chose The Dearborn Inn based on good ratings online. We loved this hotel! From the moment we pulled up to the door we were greeted by helpful staff who were always available to make our visit pleasant. I tend to toss and turn in Hotel beds but this bed was exceptionally comfortable and the room so quiet we both slept soundly. Our room was very clean, airy and attractive. we enjoyed our delicious dinner at the Edison on site and made use of the free shuttle to the nearby Museum and Village. We would highly recommend The Dearborn Inn and hope to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Lovely hotel except my room was next to the fitness center and I could here the treadmills well into the night! I wish I would have been told while reserving that this was the last available room and that this is a recurring problem. The staff was well aware of this issue but I wasn't told upon check in. Needless to say, I am exhausted and am wishing I would have spent 208.00 on a different hotel!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 328! Do not stay in room 328!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue C
DearbornInnGM, General Manager at The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Guest feedback is vital to our business, and I assure you we will use your comments as we aim to continuously improve our services and facilities.
While we noted many positive attributes in your review of the hotel, I'm very sorry your rest was interrupted by activity in our adjacent fitness center. One of the most important things a hotel can provide is quiet enjoyment of the facility. We truly regret when this is not the case, whatever the reason.
The fitness center has resided in that location for many years, with noise complaints from nearby rooms very infrequent. When advised of any noise complaint, we use a 24-hour person-in-charge (manager/supervisor/security officer) to respond, and find that guests are very cooperative in ceasing in that activity.
We are currently planning for the next phase of renovations at our historic hotel, and will strongly consider a location for the fitness center that is further away from guest accommodations. As noted, it is through feedback such as yours, that we consider such plans. In the interim, you will be contacted by our Executive Assistant / Guest Relations to further address your specific concern. If I may be of further assistance, please contact me at mhrs.dtwdi.gm@marriott.com.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect from this hotel, but it was a great surprise. Henry Ford built this hotel for his guests back in the early 1900s and Marriott has restored this lovely property to its original state. There is a modern bar with a good wine and cocktail selection and a more stately style restaurant. Rooms were spacious, nice pillow top beds and a good sized bathroom. The concierge lounge had a decent selection both in the morning and evening as well as very friendly service. The location is nearly next door to the Ford museum and close to Downtown Dearborn where you will find more restaurants as well as a large mall. Definitely recommended

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Dearborn for two nights while traveling in for a wedding. It is definitely a historic hotel, with small rooms and high noise level. However, we were pleased with the wonderful service that we received in lieu of the dated amenities.

There is a great bar and restaurant on site, which we frequented many times throughout our stay with the entire extended family. The grounds are lovely, and I can imagine even more beautiful in the late spring and summer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

A piece of history molded into a modern facility. The interior and rooms feel authentic, yet very well updated. Some historic inns look/feel like fresh paint on an old/worn facility. Not here. You feel like you're in a new facility, but it's 1931 and you just flew into the Ford Airstrip across the street (converted to a test facility after it closed in 1933) to meet with Henry; at the first hotel in the US with air conditioning. Food and restaurant were great, but an 'authentic feeling' bar of the era would truly be a fine touch, I didn't see a reason to even sit at the bar as it is today. (I visited long ago and seem to remember a bar Henry would be proud of). Rooms, albeit a bit small are comfortable and again feel 'authentic'.
Take 5 minutes and check out the history on Wikipedia and you will see why this is a must stay at place if you are staying in Detroit. Only about 15 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: The main house/inn has smaller rooms, but I prefer them so I can be in the most historic part of the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business