“An Incredible, Delicious, Comfortable, and Gorgeous Experience!”

The Henry, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 3 October 2013

As an Event Specialist, working with hotels and venues to create a memorable experience for clients is half the battle. Furthermore, working with vendors means you have to trust them enough to represent your brand as they are an extension of your service for a few days. The Henry Hotel did an incredible job. I worked with Alison C., on everything from planning the menus during our meeting days to the floor plan of our meeting room and beyond. She served as a liason for the AV Tech team, the service and banuqet staff, as well as the front desk adn transportation. All of which were attentive, personable and very professional. The food at their restaurant (try the salmon or any of their specials) is amazing. We asked for alot during our stay and they consistently delivered. The hotel itself is refreshing and feels like a clean, modern but quaint hotel with gorgeous art lining the cheerful walls. This place is truly a gem! Thanks Henry Hotel - for an incredible few days!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

clneedels,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate you sharing feedback with out future guests, they rely on reviews like yours to make educated decisions about where to stay and host events. I will be sure we recognize Alison for the relationship that she established with you and the guidance she provided throughout your whole process. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team, the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. Each survey we receive is shared to improve the service that we provide to the team. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We spent the weekend here to attend a UofM open house. While the room size and layout were typical, what was done with them made this hotel stand out as exemplary. Very clean, artistically decorated, comfortable beds, mini fridge and a large well appointed bath. Top it off with free wifi, bottled water and a reasonable rate and you have the perfect stay. The pool, sauna and spa are complemented by a delux locker room with everything you'd need. The breakfast buffet is well done American fare. We purchased the stay with breakfast package and it was worth every penny. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dori,
Thank you for choosing us during your last visit to UofM. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and rely on it to continue improving. We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed your room with its artwork and décor as well as complimentary amenities such as Wi-Fi and bottled water. Great choice with the stay for breakfast package; cost is such an important consideration when travelling, especially when you are visiting colleges across the area. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

As a seasoned traveler, I have noticed over the years that so many hotels are modeled on a similar pattern. Their decor, floor plan, rooms are so similar. This hotel was truly unique. I was impressed with their art, desigm. I enjoyed their conference rooms which were very comfortable. The room was very nice and comfortable. The rate was very reasonable for this hotel and area. The staff was very courteus and professional. They were also very helpful with my questions regarding the art work. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay. I am so pleased that your keen and seasoned eye found the décor and artwork in the hotel to be refreshing, it is what we strive for. You will be pleased to know that we are also refreshing our conference rooms this season so we will be unveiling a new meeting room experience soon. I would love some feedback from you about your favorite hotel design choices, we are working to expand the guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was a lovely hotel....the room was clean and attractive. The assorted pieces of artwork throughout the hotel were interesting and a joy to view. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Our stay would have been just about perfect there if it was not for our encounter with the dining room. The first night there we decided to have dinner in the dining room however it did not go well. My meal was okay but nothing outstanding. My husband however ordered prime rib medium and it came out bloody red....rare. The very accommodating waitress took the dinner back and brought a second meal (not reheated) and once again...bloody red...rare. At that point the waitress became apologetic and a bit frustrated with the cook herself. She did everything she could to try to make amends which we greatly appreciated. However, my husband still ended up leaving the tablet hungry and disappointed. For a first night experience after just having traveled 13 plus hours to get there, we were not happy. We were so dissatisfied we never did have dinner there again!

Sue Rush

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Susan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help improve our hotel operation. I am glad to hear that you found the artwork and décor throughout the hotel to be unique and interesting for you. Please accept my apologies that we missed an opportunity to take care of you at dinner. Please know that we have shared your comments with our team so we can ensure that each item is prepared precisely to order in the future. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at the Henry with a colleague for a conference. The Hotel has a lovely unique decor, the room was very comfortable and quiet and the staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. The colorful artwork gives the hotel a unique appearance. The conference facilities were good and the catered meals were delicious and different than you usually get at conferences.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Jennifer,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your recent conference. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel with all of our distinctive artwork. We strive to provide the best service and quality for our conferences and it is great to hear how we are doing. I certainly hope that you have a chance to join us again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We purchased a package that included credit at the restaurant and admission to the Henry Ford Village and Museum, we went over Labor Day weekend. Without exception, all of the staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. We enjoyed chatting with several staff regarding the artwork that is scattered throughout the property and is very interesting to look at but much too pricey for my taste even though we fell in love with several pieces. Our room was the cleanest I have ever experienced in a US property, quite large, modern decor and very comfortable. We stayed two nights. I would go back in a heartbeat. The hotel is located off the beaten path near a medical facility, mall and a few restaurants. The location appears quite safe.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

D Hustead,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We pride ourselves on providing impeccable service and it is great to know that we have hit our mark. I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the Henry Ford Escape package and join us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the unique artwork throughout the hotel and that it enhanced your stay. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back. The Henry Ford Museum has some amazing exhibits next year.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We visited The Henry over Memorial Day weekend. We had purchased a package that included a dinner voucher and passes to the Henry Ford Museum. Upon entering The Henry, the lobby was PACKED so it was a little hectic getting checked in. The overall process was pretty smooth though and the lobby staff (front desk and bell service) were very polite and helpful. I never would have noticed that they were “not very sophisticated,” as another review noted. I wouldn’t really feel that would be a requirement in order to provide good service, which is exactly what they did. The overall hotel experience in terms of checking in and out, as well as the nature of our rooms; was very good. Our room was clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable.

Really the only down side to our experience was the restaurant, TRIA. As I mentioned our package came with a dinner voucher of $100….and yet we still ended up owing an additional $50 on top of that for only two people! Now don’t get me wrong, I am more than willing to pay top dollar for a good meal; but this was NOT a good meal. The portions where small, our steaks were cooked improperly and served cold, and the service was very slow considering the restaurant was basically dead. In addition, my meal included mashed potatoes, as I chewed I thought I was tasting larger potatoes chucks as you sometimes get in homemade mashed potatoes. However that was not the case, what I was biting into where whole cloves of GARLIC! They were mixed all throughout my potatoes; I bet there were 2 whole bulbs of garlic in the potatoes on my plate. So gross!

My recommendation, if you are in the area, stay at The Henry, it is a very nice hotel. Just find somewhere else for dinner and avoid their restaurant; I think I can still taste garlic!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at The Henry, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Suzannable,
I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the TravelZoo promotion and visit with us. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your feedback with us. We pride ourselves on impeccable service, and it is great to know that we hit our mark. I regret that your experience in TRIA did not live up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. Our culinary team uses the freshest ingredients available to create unique dishes. We have shared your comments with our culinary team and they will review how the potatoes are listed on the menu, as well as refresh standards about cooking temperature. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.