Husband and I booked the the Henry hotel for a special romantic getaway. We decided on this hotel because it was close to our "special" restaurant and near Greenfield Village where we also planned on visiting as part of our day. There was good and bad with this hotel.
First impression of the hotel was very nice. Very upscale looking...however the location is really kind of weird and a little hard to find. Check in was a breeze, the room was clean and nice.....but that is where the good stops.
After spending the entire day at Greenfield Village, we came back to the hotel to shower and change for dinner. Went to a late dinner, and came back to go to sleep. Climbed into bed.....and it started. Something in our room was vibrating/shaking every 20 minutes or so (somewhere by the foot of our bed), and was bothersome enough that it kept waking us up. After dealing with this for a couple hours we finally decided we'd rather drive the 30 minutes back home and at least get some decent sleep, so at about 2:00am in the morning we checked out. When I went to check out they inquired regarding our stay and I explained why we were leaving....which was simply meant with a blank stare and an Oh, I see....OK then. Very little regard for the fact that a guest was leaving at 2:00am very unhappy!
Then when we arrived home, a week or so later, I get my credit card statment and see a $40 charge from the hotel. I called to find out what that was for, and they advised me it was for our drinks in the bar....I said what drinks? We weren't awake long enough in your hotel to drink anything!
At this point I figured management need to know we had a problem. I contacted the manager and explained that we paid for a lovely evening out and had it ruined by the noise in our room....which was meet with little concern when we were checking out at 2:00am in the morning....and then I get a fradulant charge to my credit card on top of it. NOT impressive for an upscale hotel at all.
While they were accomidating at this point, because I had gone to the top and was mad, it still didn't help resolve the overall bad experience we had had. They fixed the charge to my credit card, and offered us dinner on the house at a later time, but still.....I know I won't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to Fairlane Town Center. 3 miles from The Henry Ford. AAA Four Diamond hotel. Guestrooms include free internet access, 37 inch flat screen TVs with 24 HD channels, "The Henry Bed" exclusively by Lady Americana, Frette 400-count Egyptian cotton bedding, marble bathrooms, plush bathrobes and RUSK bath amenities. Experience culinary creations in The Gallery Restaurant, or 24 hour in room dining. fitness center, indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna. Now offering Marriott Reward Points. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Henry, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Henry, Autograph Collection Hotel Dearborn
- Dearborn Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Dearborn
- Ritz-Carlton Dearborn
- The Henry, Autograph Collection Dearborn, Michigan