Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village(Dearborn)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$176
US$169
US$327
US$270
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

You get what you pay for. We used because it was a cheap alternative compared to other hotels around. No breakfast like the pictures showed. No close restaurants. Old, worn down rooms. We asked about an upgrade like our Americas Best Value membership promised, but she did not know what we were talking about.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dawlat K, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2014

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry the breakfast was not up to standard, as we are under new management we are working toward more variety, As far as the ABVI membership up grade if there was in fact an upgraded room you should have been given it. In the downtown Dearborn area there is plenty of nearby restaurants close in proximity for walking as well.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in one of the most run down parts of Detroit. We had to drive MILES to find a civilized restaurant. It looks like a war zone. There were holes in walls, bathroom door would lock you in, bed not properly made (blamed on maintenance people), floors on slant, tv at least 20 feet from bed (long room), curtains falling from rod.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank bobcpht
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This place is dirty. I am not someone who really worries too much about that - but this place surpassed even the worst hotel I have ever been in.
Also one of the beds was so broken - my buddy looked like her was on a hammock. The bed drooped. If this bed was in a movie - it would be a slapstick.
Also the range of repugnant smells turned my stomach.
This is a just terrible value. it is one of the more expensive hotels I have stayed at and one of the worst.

Room Tip: Avoid this place is the best tip.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Dawlat K, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We are very sorry that you found our hotel dirty. This is absolutely not acceptable to us and we assure you that we have shared your comments with our entire staff to correct this problem. Please come back and try us again to see that your experience is not the norm. Thank you

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Every negative thing that was mentioned above is true. Plus pubic hair on the bathroom floor, blood stains on the carpet in the room. One of the four lights in the room work. Didn't even want to write a review, dreading having to even think about this place again. Also one last note, I plugged in my for charger and sparks actually shot out of the outlet. Fire hazardous? I think so! Wish I could post pictures to prove all I have said.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Frank0010
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had always wonder why is was never available . And now I know why . I had never felt so confortable and yet still be able to make it a temporary place to lay my head after a dueling schedule . And the rooms , the building itself . Is a surprise . But when you think about it . The houses on / in that block makes it a special place to be . . Makes it looks like a normal place to live . not just for a weekend either. it's not just for busy travelers either .. And that's a plus .

Room Tip: THAT HE , THE MANAGER offers it for 150 DOLLARS A WEEK . AND you can call him PERSONALLY . regardless where your room are, and you can be specified , it's the bed and the restuarant across the street , with all it's daily specials that makes it unique .
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo