“Best Stay in a Long Time”

Comfort Inn Near Greenfield Village
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Taylor, Michigan
“Best Stay in a Long Time”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was the last hotel of many hotels that I stayed at on my long trip to and from Kansas. What was meant to be a one night stay ended up being a 3 night stay as there was bad weather and I was very comfortable there.

I had my daughter and a friend visit me during this stay and I have to say the staff made me feel very welcome! Everything was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Upon check in I was warned that the pool had just been refinished so it would be cold as it just happened that day. This slightly disappointed me as I made sure to bring suits for my daughter (15 month old) and I as other reviews raved about their indoor HEATED pool.

Breakfast was wonderful and even their housekeeping staff was very helpful and friendly which is unlike other hotels where I always feel rushed or ignored by staff.

The second day we were hit by "Thunder Snow" so I decided to stay another night and not risk the roads. That night I tried the pool with my daughter and it was still cold but it felt like a normal pool would be. I decided to stay the third night for personal reasons and tried the pool again and it was very warm! My daughter didn't want to get out of the pool! I will agree with an older review that it did make the air colder but seriously, you can't expect to have both. Either you get a nice heated pool with cold air or cold pool with warm air.

I highly recommend this hotel and HAVE recommended this place to many family and friends. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: The King sized room is really spacious even with a pack 'n' play.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I truly did not expect the spectacular service when i decided to check-in. All of the front desk people have been extremely polite and kind. The room was amazing and had everything a person could need. The hotel itself was one of the cleanest and well decorated that i have been to. My hats off to this facility. A model hotel that others should follow.

Room Tip: Third floor on back side was quiet. The end room was a bit of a walk but well worht it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank micks5477
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was at this hotel with a hockey team. There were, in fact about 5 hockey teams staying there for a local tournament.

Never once were we made to feel like we were a bother to the hotel staff. They had extraordinary patience with our kids and families.

The rooms were clean and kept up well as was the rest of the hotel.

There was a big snow storm the weekend we were there. The floors were always clean. Many times, we could smell bleach when entering the lobby. They were very on top of things and prepared for a busy weekend.

Breakfast was good (coffee was a bit weak).

Thank you so much for making this a very good weekend for our kids and our parents.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel staff was fantastic, the rooms were clean. Beds were comfortable and firm. Breakfast buffet was nice and hot and always stocked. The breakfast girl was really friendly. I really enjoyed our stay there for 3 nights. Housekeeping did an amazing stay over clean! My only complaint would be the paper thin walls. You hear everything. I had an adjoining room and could hear the other people coughing. Would stay here again! Shout out to the front desk staff, even the new girl in training. Super friendly!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I work for a major airline out of Detroit, so I stay in Romulus, MI several times a month. However, I couldn't find a room for the first time in 3 years because of a snowstorm. I ended up venturing out to Dearborn, MI for the first time. The Comfort Inn was an absolute treat! It was by far the best hotel I've stayed at outside the airport. The manager Brad was a wonderful help and made sure I had arrangements back to the airport the following day.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Heather B
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was stranded in Dearborn after my shift at work, due to treacherous winter weather. My work shift ends at midnight and I have a far drive home, so I called the closest hotel, this hotel. The lady at the front desk was able to find me a room and made sure I was taken care. She accommodated me with a warm place to stay for the night, even when i was checking in so late and in a complete tizzy from the terrible weather. The hotel amenities were spectacular and the service was excellent. The hotel employees I encountered were kind and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They have superb service and I appreciate their accommodation in my time of need.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lauren P
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Our visits to this property have been because we wanted to be near the local hospital. The management has made it very comfortable for us during a very stressful medically related period for our family. We have reserved the beautifully appointed rooms with doubles, king, or queen. Each one has been clean and cozy. The location is near everything a traveler might need. Breakfast is top-notch. Sleep well!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family