“Perfect for the money.”

A Victory Inn - West Dearborn
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My family and I stayed for 1 week. The hotel was a very low cost, which worried me. Even walking in to the office I wasn't sure. I was very surprised when I saw the room. New beds!! that seems to make a huge difference. they are the one's sold at Costco or Sam's club. super thick and soft. the room's had a lot of room. the sheets were clean and the bed spread wasn't the standard type. They were something I'd use at home. There weren't a lot of extra's but I didn't spend over $100 a night either. I'd rather save on a good room then have extra's like expensive cable and more tolitries which I wouldn't use anyways. I stayed with my three son's who really enjoyed the pool. The room was spacious, large counter outside the bathroom. The free breakfast wasn't much, but the boys loved the Belgin Waffle's they got to make them selves. We love the restraunts close by. Leyons and Bob Evens. Great prices.
I really love this area. West Dearborn is very well taken care of. The residents take pride in keeping it this way.
If I have any complaint... it's everyday we had to request 2 more towels since they only stock each room with 2.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Nichole H

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Used my Delta SkyMiles for this one and will be more careful next time. The non-smoking room smelled like smoke, so I went to the manager and he did give me another room which is better.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We stayed here for three nights. The hotel is a couple miles off of the Interstate and on a busy Michigan Ave. The only good thing about this place is the price is decent and it's only about two miles to the Henry Ford museum. We paid around $250.00 for three nights and it included two tickets for two days to the museum. Theis motel has rates for extended stays, which basically meant people were living in the motel.

Our room was a non smoking king size bed and was roomy. It included a couch plus a microwave and mini fridge. The bed was terrible, very hard and uncomfortable. Cheap tv with basic channels and plain bathroom with no toiletries. Motel has free wi fi and an desktop computer in the lobby. Pool and simple breakfast which consisted of coffee, juice and breads.

Our first night we were gone all day only to arrive back at the room with no housekeeping done. I went to the front desk and informed them and I was told our room wasn't cleaned because we didn't answer the phone when housekeepng called! HUH? That's because we were gone all day, I told the woman at the front desk. This falls back on the people living in the at the motel. I was told that the "regulars" often don't want their rooms cleaned. The woman at the front desk said she would make sure our room was cleaned the next two nights and it was.

We love visiting the Henry Ford museum but the next visit will be at a different place than this. Hope this helps you decide you choice of place to stay in Dearborn.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Aerowing
Reviewed 3 August 2010

The Victory Inn in Dearborn was a terrible hotel from the start. The room was absolutely filthy; the carpet looked like it had never been replaced or cleaned since the hotel was built, and the carpet in the hallway was the same. There was black mold growing on one of the bathroom walls, and you could not adjust the direction of the shower head without nearly breaking off a pipe in the wall. Saddened by the sticky carpet and nasty bedspread, my family and I decided to go check out the pool. We were greeted by a sickening, mold-smell in the hallway that connected to the lounge and pool area, and when we reached the pool we were again disappointed. Some sort of greenish moss was growing on the tiles of the pool above the water line, and it looked as though the filter in the pool had been broken for some time. The water had an oily sheen on it and was so cloudy that it was impossible to even see the stairs leading down into the water. The hotel also offered a breakfast, but this consisted only of cold coffee and stale donuts. I would never stay in the Victory Inn again, nor would I visit the Dearborn/Detroit area due to my horrible experience. For 90 dollars a night, this was a total ripoff!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lennie082
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We arrived at about 10:30pm and were greeted by a friendly face at the front desk. He was courteous and professional. Our room was clean, but there was a faint smell of smoke. We did not partake in the breakfast, because of its lack of protein. The other guests at the motel were a bit noisy between 10:30pm-11:30pm. Which is a bit late for me.
The Inn is near a "yuppy" area with such businesses as Starbucks and Yoga studio.
The location was perfect for the sights we wanted to see. (The Henry Ford Museum) There is a 24 hour Tim Horton's next door. We also ate at MIller's bar which neighbors the inn on the other side. They have simple menu with cook to order burgers.
It was a typical $50 a night motel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MO314
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I stayed here because my main activity in Detroit was visiting The Henry Ford museum which is 2-3 kilometres away. I had a rental car. The motel was a bit old fashioned and sad looking. I believe it was undergoing renovations. A light breakfast was offered but it didn't look at all tempting. Luckly, there is a 24 hour Tim Horton's next door.
I booked it though Expedia and paid AU$286.59 for 3 nights including taxes.
I travelled to the downtown part of Detroit by local bus (SmartBus) for a cost of $1.50 each way.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank bxr47
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I was a bit leery about staying here, especially as it was just my teenaged daughter and myself. I really should not have worried... for the reviewer who said it was a bad area...no it is not. It is a blue-collar area, not the Ritz. If you want a high class hotel, spend the extra $$ and stay at the Hyatt. The area is full of family style restaurants, as well as some higher scale places about a miles down Michigan Ave. The room was very clean, the beds were nice, I did not use the pool but did check it out and would not have had a qualm about it- it looked clean and well maintained. The staff was very pleasant- I asked for a late check out when my daughter became ill and was not in a postion to travel for a few hours past the 11am check out- they readily agreed to let us stay till 12:30 which worked fine for us. It is very convenient to Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum, and lots of restaurants. It is also only a few miles from Fairlane Town Center mall, which is great. WIth the Henry Ford Museum package, the hotel was a great bargain, My only dissatisfaction was that our room faced a brick wall- on the second floor! But hey- no distracting headlights - and all the privacy you could ever want!! =) They had a decent breakfast with DIY waffles as well as bagels, cereal and donuts.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family