“If you SMOKE stay here. Real Flop House”

A Victory Inn - West Dearborn
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
“If you SMOKE stay here. Real Flop House”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

What a flop house! Suppose to be a non-smoking facility but it is not. Was given a room on the second floor. Headed up the stairs no elevator, the room across from mine was open and smoke was pouring out. The hall was full of smoke. Its obvious they rent long term at this place because it appears as if people live there. Room stunk of stale smoke plus it was pouring in under the huge gap under the door. I put a towel under the door and was going to try and stay but after turning on a few lights and seeing the filth, burn holes in everything I couldnt. I called the clerk told her I couldnt stand the smoke but she assured me the entire hotel was nonsmoking and they werent suppose to be smoking in the rooms. Right? I told her I needed a room away from this smoke. After moving downstairs it was less smoke but still just as dirty. Room had a fridge, rotten smelly couch, hairdryer that did not work. I dont think I need to say anymore. Oh yeah the pool was GREEN. Overall a real dump stay away, I go here because corporate puts us here to save money but wont stay here again. Red Roof just down the street maybe its better.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Driverjoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
TORONTO
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The place needs some tender loving care. There was a very loose electrical socket in the room, and the shower pipe was loose. The TV was a 25 year old Zenith CRT type - when did you last see a Zenith? - and there is no elevator to the second floor. If you have heavy luggage you may wish to stay on the first floor. A continental breakfast in included but is not very impressive.
The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and there was lots of hot water. There is a package deal which includes tickets to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. This is an excellent value and brings the room cost per night to about $50. The management of the hotel are charming. I hope they generate sufficient business to enable them to do a makeover of the rooms.

Room Tip: Remember - no elevator
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank VACATIONER097

Travellers are raving about these Dearborn hotels

Frederick
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here after seeing how close it is to the Henry Ford (Rouge Factory) in Dearborn and I have to agree with every previous review. I didn't see any street walkers but we did turn in early and were up and out early, but it seemed pretty quiet around room 133 the one night that we were there. There definitely is a pervasive stale/cigarette-y odor in the corridors and moreso when the room door is opened, and the furnishings are dated and tired looking, but the queen bed was nice, could've been a pillowtop mattress, which I prefer, and the pillows were plumped up and I didn't have to ask for extra. The room size was decent and the t.v. was adequate but the in room coffee maker didn't work. Also, the shower took at least 5 minutes to warm up. And, the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. We did get offered and bought a combination voucher for the Ford Rouge Factory Tour which we mentioned that we were there to see and it did save money so that was good. I read that the hotel had free internet use for the guests but upon checking in I asked and was told with a shrug that "some customer downloaded something and crashed it." So I had to rely on the clerk, a young woman on duty later, to give us directions to the Ford Rouge Factory which she also shrugged and told hubby by pointing her finger that it "was a mile or two that way." He didn't find that to be helpful but the address was on our voucher and it was in fact a couple of miles away, easily located off of a major road around the hotel. You'd think that if they're selling these discount vouchers that they'd know what to tell people when they ask. I didn't check us out the next morning but I suspect that no one asked how our stay was. We did take advantage of the continental breakfast but the "orange" juice was more like watered down Tang and the coffee was weak at best. There were donuts, english muffins (the toaster didn't work right either), dry cereal and milk, and make your own waffles. It "did the job" but if you have a sensitive nose or dislike careless customer service, I would say skip this one.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelkitty50
cantom
Reviewed 31 August 2012

go to the one near telegraph thats were youn should check in this hotel is for perver t t t t t s adult ent ertainment next door and ack the perv works the counter im telling you book at dearborn west not east a hit miss hotel hampton like atmosphere a t dearborn west nice pool gd breakfast even waffles

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We chose this hotel because it's close to the Henry Ford museum but it was awful - our room had a window that faced a brick wall so the lights were needed on a hot July afternoon; the room was old-fashioned and shabby and the smell - well, what can I say? Clearly there was an overpowering smell of old cigarette smoke which had been 'covered' with a citrus room fresherner but this just left an acrid unpleasant smell which dominated the room. I am sooo glad we didn't book more than one night.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dubuque
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Worst motel I've ever set foot in. First thing that hits you in the room is the smell - they're obviously trying to mask something with a sickeningly pungent room deodorizer. The carpet is coming loose at all the walls, the caulk is coming loose or missing around all of the bathroom fixtures. Pretty much every room in my wing had some sort of loud argument going on inside. There were prostitutes hanging out outside the building in the parking lot. There were no parts inside the security lock on the building door - anyone could just walk right in. Continental breakfast consisted of toast, stale donuts and cheerios. I'm a fairly street-wise guy, but this place scared me. When I requested a new room, the clerk stated that I shouldn't have been given a room in "that" building, whatever that means - maybe they have rooms that are meant for people who aren't drug addicts, hookers or transients.

Room Tip: My tip is to go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MRKMRSK
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My family and I stayed for 1 week. The hotel was a very low cost, which worried me. Even walking in to the office I wasn't sure. I was very surprised when I saw the room. New beds!! that seems to make a huge difference. they are the one's sold at Costco or Sam's club. super thick and soft. the room's had a lot of room. the sheets were clean and the bed spread wasn't the standard type. They were something I'd use at home. There weren't a lot of extra's but I didn't spend over $100 a night either. I'd rather save on a good room then have extra's like expensive cable and more tolitries which I wouldn't use anyways. I stayed with my three son's who really enjoyed the pool. The room was spacious, large counter outside the bathroom. The free breakfast wasn't much, but the boys loved the Belgin Waffle's they got to make them selves. We love the restraunts close by. Leyons and Bob Evens. Great prices.
I really love this area. West Dearborn is very well taken care of. The residents take pride in keeping it this way.
If I have any complaint... it's everyday we had to request 2 more towels since they only stock each room with 2.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family