Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewspeople moverfront deskrenaissance centervalet parkingren cenconvenience storegm buildingford fieldbreakfast buffetcomerica parktigers gameview of the rivereasy accesswould stay here againnice staythe joe louis arenared wings game
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed one night for our anniversary and we had the best time. The girl at the front desk upgraded our room and I think it was the best room they had!! It was just gorgeous!! We ate at great restaurants every meal all over town, we walked everywhere because there is so much to see. We went to the tigers game and they won. The girls at the desk left a tray of fruit and cheese and crackers in our room with an anniversary card when we got back. Bought tears to my eyes. Couldn't believe how thoughtful they were. They were all just the friendliest and most accommodating group of people that we have ever meet. Slept like a baby, woke up to fantastic view of the river and drank a cup of coffee from our balcony. It was just FANTASTIC!!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, they have beautiful views and are just great to be out on.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

From the moment you arrive and are greeted by James Moner in the valet area to the moment you depart, the employees at this property make the experience great! I have stayed at hotels all over the world and the staff here is truly first class! I will certainly be back! Keep up the great work and thank you for remembering ..... we guests are your paychecks!

Room Tip: Rooms along the eastside provide a great view of the Detroit river
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night for business. Impressive and comfy stay. Room was huge with microwave and bed was very comfortable. Also was nice to have a seating area. Did not use gym but a colleague said it was great. Breakfast was a good choice of food and price options. Location is excellent and staff were friendly. Would stay again when I'm back in town.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed for 2 nites in Sept. 2013 on business travel. I have never had such a bad experience at a Marriott property. Mold in the shower, sheets you could literally see through to the mattress. When I pulled the sheets back, there was no full mattress pad on it - just a flat, thin pad laid on the mattress, not nearly covering the entire thing. But none of this is the worst. I got ice the first nite I was there, put it in a glass, and filled the glass with water. I could immediately see something in the ice. When I dumped the water and ice in the sink, I could see what was in the ice were small dead BUGS. As the ice melted, the clung to the side of sink. The next night I went to another floor to get ice and again filled my glass with water, but this time, I looked carefully right away. Sure enough, more bugs in the ice from another floor. When I told the front desk about the bugs, neither of the 2 people there looked surprised, and then I received a call to say one night of parking was "comped" for my "trouble." And the TV was a piece of crap. This hotel is a DUMP.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MichFoodLover
DTWDCGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

I’m sorry we didn’t meet your Marriott expectations. I appreciate your feedback and invite you to contact me personally to discuss your concerns in more detail.

Immediately following your conversation with our front desk we unloaded the ice and inspected the machines on your floor as well as the floor above and below. Although we did not find any evidence bugs, the machines were sanitized.

Our mattress pads are made of a felt fabric and are thin as to not interfere with the pillow top mattress comfort. Any additional insight on the television would be appreciated as we only have 37 inch flat screens.

I hope to have an opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail.

Jon Coutts, General Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at the Downtown Detroit Courtyard by Marriott during the 2013 Detroit Jazz Festival. I actually moved to this hotel after staying at a nearby hotel the previous night from the same brand family.
The prices were fair, the included amenities were abundant, and the service was second to none.
The only down side and it wasn't much of one is the breakfast buffet which was included in my package was just better than mediocre. The servers and chef were very pleasant and attentive, though.
I will most certainly stay at this property again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013