I was planning a trip for 6 guys, and this was the only hotel in a reasonable price range that said that had rooms that would accomodate 6. We were in town for a Tigers game and a night of casino/bar hopping, and we were able to fit 6 guys pretty comfortably in their large 2-queen + sofabed suite. The living room and bedrooms were big enough to fit 2 aerobeds, plus a rollaway bed from the hotel, so all 6 guys had their own mattress including the pullout sofa. Made for a very comfortable sleeping situation.
The amenities of the suite itself were pretty standard, no complaints about cleanliness or anything like that.
The location was pretty great for our purposes, walkable to the stadium, walkable to Greektown, and walkable to the MGM, but also right around the corner from public transportation if walking isn't your thing.
The only downside was having to pay 20 dollars for parking, with no self-parking alternative. I wish we had taken advantage of the restaurant/bar in the hotel lobby because that also looked pretty good. Overall a good stay at a great value and will most likely stay here again next time I'm in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful historic hotel in the heart of downtown Detroit. Enjoy our all suite hotel rooms. Just one block from the people mover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby Hotel Detroit
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Shelby