“I liked it better than my go to hotel in Detroit.”

Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Brentwood, Tennessee
“I liked it better than my go to hotel in Detroit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I usually book The Westin Book Cadillac but it was a very last minute trip and it was booked. I reluctantly booked the Double Tree and couldn't have been more wrong in my assumption that it would be inferior. Super clean, a large room, easy to get to Campus Martius. The cookies at check in were good. The Round Bar at Finn and Porter was just o.k.--the buffalo wings were really spicy and I normally like spicy. Good beer on tap. I also liked the coffee cafe they had as I was exiting each day to pick up some snacks and drinks. My husband's work pays for valet here but I never used it and chose to park in a lot directly next door. The owner was awesome and saved me a spot each day right up front as I was with two children.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OurTnFamily

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hogansburg, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

The facility was very clean and the rooms have a lot of room. I was very comfortable in the room. The price was affordable. I will definitely stay here again and refer this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

The professional staff team members and Guest Services Manager Kerie Parker provided excellent service for a great customer experience, with assistance in travel locations, and recommendations for business development

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

bar and restaurant offer lots of choices, from sandwiches to Asian options. Treat yourself to a great shoe shine in the lobby - don't worry but he will find you! Comfortable place, close to business district.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Marion, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had to switch rooms 3 times, because the heat wasn't working properly in the rooms. They came to check it and told me to wait 1/2 hour, to see if it would kick on. Needless to say it never kicked on, which landed me in room 3. Where I had to wait a good two house for the heat to even reach mid 70s. They also told me I would receive a comp on one of the nights I stayed, that never happened. I will choose a different hotel next time. Not great customer service, especially since I am Hilton Diamond Member.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by valet (a contracted company, not run by the hotel). We did have some issues with the valet not helping with the bags, or doors, but as soon as we addressed it with the hotel manager, Larry, the problem was resolved. The front desk staff was knowledgeable, and warm and friendly. The building itself is a historical building. The staff knew quite a bit about the history, which was interesting. The architecture that was able to be preserved was beautiful. The room was gorgeous. We stayed in a suite on the 10th floor. The view was gorgeous. Especially at night. The windows are huge, and allow for nice views and natural light during the day. We ate breakfast in the hotel daily at the buffet. Service was prompt and friendly. And the food was good quality. We did room service one night, and the service was excellent and fast. We ordered the greek pizza. It was delicious. Overall, I would highly recommend this location. We loved it. And Larry (the hotel manager) was so amazing. We loved him. Kudos to Hilton in your staffing choice. He was charming, funny, and caring. If only everyone had someone like him on staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Fargo, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

One of the reasons for selectinig this hotel was the shuttle service. Made arrangements the evening before shuttle needed, checked with desk morning of, and the shuttle wasn't there 10 minutes post scheduled departure. Asked again at the desk and was informed there was a problem (driver didn't show up?) Was then offered reimbursed cab, but another employee offered to drive van. Took about 10 minutes to warm up van before departure. Bottom line -- arrived at my location half hour late.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Brad K
Larry B, Director of Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
I am sorry, that you had issues with our shuttle. I am truly sorry, that you were late for your meeting. We work hard to ensure each guest has an amazing experience while staying with us. I thank you for the feedback and assure you, the issue has been addressed. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Detroit.

Larry Brown,Director of Guest Relations