1,501 results
All reviewscookiesround barpeople moverdouble treefront deskvalet parkingtwo room suitecomplimentary shuttlered wings gameliving arearooms are hugeshuttle servicemile radiuswithin milescobo centerexcellent stayhotel bar
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Friendly staff, clean, great bar. Couldn't be a better place to stay in downtown Detroit. Stayed for business a few times and the staff really go out of the way to make you feel at home. Had after dinner drinks during the happy hour and really enjoyed the service as well as the value. Not many hotel bars offer such service. Truly enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Larry B, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am so happy to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I thank you for trusting the visit with my hotel. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in Detroit.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband wanted to go to the Henry Ford Museum. We purchased a package that included the room and tickets for two for the museum and the Greenwood Village (which was closed, opens April 15) The Village tickets are good for two years. Also included was a breakfast buffet. The waitresses were so attendant that we didn't even feel it was a self serve buffet. The room was pleasant and the bed was more comfortable than ours at home! We used the wi-fi and appreciated the sofa for watching a movie that we rented. There are a couple fast food restaurants within walking distance and a lovely looking restarant in the hotel (didn't eat there this time, fairly pricey) When we return to use our village tickets, we are planning to stay here again. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. Note: While we packed up we had the AC on...it was very noisy and would not have been able to sleep through it.

Room Tip: If you require a fridge & there isn't one you can ask for one to be brought up. Check AC if you plan to use it, they seem to be a bit old.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The front desk staff I dealt with were excellent.

I wish I could remember the name of the lovely lady who looked after me at check in and out, but she seemed to always be on duty.

I'm glad I stayed here for two nights so that I could enjoy my lovely room.

There was a large living room with a fridge, microwave and coffee machine.

The bed and pillows were super comfortable and I could have wallowed all day.

The shower and towels were both fine, but the toiletries were very good.

Internet was included but not breakfast.

Valet parking was available for $25/day.

This is an excellent base for discovering the great town of Detroit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in Detroit.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Really enjoyed our stay there. Great shuttle to casino. Room was nice and we would certainly stay again. Love downtown Detroit and all there is to do. We had a great dinner at Ottava via and then headed to MGM and then went out for some nightlife.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your recent visit to Detroit. We look forwaed to welcoming you back to town.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

stay was extremely comfortable. Room was clean, all necessary ammenities were provided including WiFi accessibility. The location was central to all points of interest and within walking distance to local restaurants and entertainment. Valet parking was convenient and quick.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in detroit.