1,520 results
All reviews cookies round bar people mover double tree front desk valet parking two room suite complimentary shuttle red wings game living area rooms are huge shuttle service mile radius within miles cobo center excellent stay hotel bar
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have stayed at the DoubleTree Ft. Shelby Detroit and I am always impressed with the rooms and the service. It is always my first choice when attending Tigers games and Red Wings games. I always recommend this hotel to friends and family whenever they are traveling to the area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Larry B, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review. We value your feedback and you!!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Got a great package with free wine and a late checkout! Rooms are so huge - we could have friends visit in the suite and not feel like they were on top of our bed. Room service was great and staff were super friendly. Will definitely be back!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I thank you for trusting us with your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

It was an excellent stay, I was there for a meeting and from the time of check-in to check-out the service was outstanding. The meeting manager Ken Wood was the best, he recommended places to see when the meeting was over and gave great directions. I ended up staying the weekend. I will bring my family the next time. Thanks to all the staff!

Room Tip: The king bed corner suite is the best room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Larry B, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the review.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Friendly staff, clean, great bar. Couldn't be a better place to stay in downtown Detroit. Stayed for business a few times and the staff really go out of the way to make you feel at home. Had after dinner drinks during the happy hour and really enjoyed the service as well as the value. Not many hotel bars offer such service. Truly enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am so happy to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I thank you for trusting the visit with my hotel. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in Detroit.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband wanted to go to the Henry Ford Museum. We purchased a package that included the room and tickets for two for the museum and the Greenwood Village (which was closed, opens April 15) The Village tickets are good for two years. Also included was a breakfast buffet. The waitresses were so attendant that we didn't even feel it was a self serve buffet. The room was pleasant and the bed was more comfortable than ours at home! We used the wi-fi and appreciated the sofa for watching a movie that we rented. There are a couple fast food restaurants within walking distance and a lovely looking restarant in the hotel (didn't eat there this time, fairly pricey) When we return to use our village tickets, we are planning to stay here again. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. Note: While we packed up we had the AC on...it was very noisy and would not have been able to sleep through it.

Room Tip: If you require a fridge & there isn't one you can ask for one to be brought up. Check AC if you plan to use it, they seem to be a bit old.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased to see you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to being of service the next time you are in Detroit.