Went to Detroit to see One Direction concert. Stay was great. Rate of room went up because of this special event (as rates usually do). Base price went from $189 to $259 after taxes, fees and valet parking were all added to the cost. The hotel does not offer a restaurant. There is a small "to go" area that is only open during the day with limited hours. So if you want something small like a pop or chips, you have to leave and walk somewhere in Detroit. The street lights were all out when we were there, as all the street lights in that surrounding area were all out. I would not advise walking out at night unless you are with someone. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Free shuttle that took us to Ford Field for the concert. Free cookie upon check-in. Clean hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wonderful historic hotel in the heart of downtown Detroit. Enjoy our all suite hotel rooms. Just one block from the people mover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby Hotel Detroit
- Doubletree Hotel Fort Shelby