“Discounted Room Policy”

Greektown Casino Hotel
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I received coupon in mail for discounted room rate. Coupon listed dates rate not available but hotel would not honor discounted rate. I will be happy to take my business to MGM from now on. The Greektown area is very nice and will not let it affect my going to restaurants.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brenda L
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

We are sorry to hear the discounted rate was not available on the date you requested. Unfortunately we only offer a certain number of rooms at the severely discounted casino rates and once they are all booked the rate is no longer available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our reservations team would be happy to assist you in finding a date when the discount is available that would work with your schedule. You may contact them at Reservationsemail@greektowncasino.com for assistance.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Like many others have said the property is very close to the highway and easily accessible. I used the valet which was quick and the staff were excellent. The front desk staff was amazing as well and made sure that I knew all what the casino had to offer. My room was on one of the higher floors which gave me a really nice view of the area. However, the room overall was very small which I did not expect as well as the king bed seemed smaller than my own. The casino is a bit of walk from the hotel and the smell of smoke is very strong. (No smoking in the hotel at all) We ate at the Bistro which was very good and had a great dinner there. The server was very nice but warned us not to go outside at night because the area is dangerous. I know the area well and I have never found that. It was extremely cold so I really had no intention of going outside anyway. Overall I had a nice stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone that is looking for a quick getaway.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casinoboy

Thank you so very much for such a high rating regarding your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to your next stay with us here at Greektown Casino Hotel.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very convenient with the venues that surround it. Staff at front desk ways greet us with a smile and very friendly. Rooms have always been clean. Only problem is sometimes other guests can get a little loud. But at check in we usually ask for a quiete area and the noise is usually very minimal. Oh and don't forget to checkout bistro 555, food is great!

• Stayed: December 2013
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy you chose to stay at Greektown Casino Hotel. We hope you will once again choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week, the second time I've been there. It's a nice place, nicely decorated, very clean and with friendly, helpful staff. Valet parking is free except for tips and, if you don't want to tip, garage parking is free and right off the freeway. The king-bed room was very nice if a little small, but very clean and nicely decorated. The only downside to this room was the closet space -- minimal and barely enough for my stuff for the week. The hotel is ideally situated for either business or pleasure in the downtown area. I took Detroit's People Mover to the auto show every day -- for $0.75 a ride it's old and creaky but clean and reliable, and it stops in both Cobo and Joe Louis Arena. The bars and restaurants of Greektown are an easy walk, and going to any of Detroit's major sporting or entertainment venues would be an easy cab ride. I actually walked all over downtown Detroit during the daytime and, with some exceptions, this area is clearly revived. The two glaring flaws at this hotel? First is the connection to the casino. It's a pedestrian bridge off the 3rd floor and the stench of stale cigarette smoke hits you the moment you get off the elevator. The smell doesn't really drift any farther but I found it truly disgusting. The other flaw is a restaurant that is mediocre at best. I thought the decor was old and tired, the service was OK, but the food was only average. I only ate there once -- that was enough. Given that these two flaws are pretty much avoidable, I think the place rates a "very good" grade.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up to avoid listening to the Greektown traffic noise at night -- or a room away...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay_LA_9

Thank you for your feedback. We are regretful for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please reach out to me, at Cnelson@greektowncasino.com and allow us the opportunity to improve upon your guest experience. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I think the hotel is nice and the location is great. It is right off the highway so it is easy to find and you don't have to drive all over. Parking is great as well and free if you are staying at the hotel. Great for tigers games. I think it is a little pricey for it being in Detroit but the hotel is very clean and the staff is helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay at Greektown Casino Hotel. We are happy to have provided you with such an excellent experience and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I know, I know, casinos are smoker friendly places, but this one needs a new air filtration system. The rooms were small but nicely appointed with built ins that gave the room interest and created the sense of more space than there was. The closet was woefully small but fine for one person on two days of business travel. The sheets were luxe while the towels were thin and cheap feeling. The soaps and lotions were fine but the citrus black oranges cent is too pungent and not for me.
Another odd thing about this hotel was that the bars were strangely tucked away, always empty and utterly uninviting. So, would I return? Not on my dime.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are regretful for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit with us. Unfortunately, rare occurrences take place and the guests’ overall perspective of the hotel is affected. Please reach out to me, at Cnelson@greektowncasino.com and allow us the opportunity to improve upon your guest experience. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel over a dozen times and have always been pleased with he service form the time I arrived until the time I have checked out. The rooms are spacious and always clean. The hotel is directly connected to the casino and offers a wide variety of restaurants, all within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Lourdi
Caryn N, Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Greektown Casino Hotel prides itself on providing the best entertainment experience in Detroit. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with others looking for amazing location and service in our beautiful city. We look forward to providing you with another great experience soon!