All reviews foot ceilings enjoyed my stay jazz riverfront windsor
Reviewed 19 October 2014

This hotel may not have the most bells and whistles, but for under $100, it was adequate for a stay before the Detroit Marathon. It was a little farther than I expected from the start, but the upside was how close it was to the Atwater brewery. The view from the riverside of the hotel was fantastic. The room was huge and high-ceilinged. The only in-room amenity was a coffee maker - no fridge, but that was okay for our short stay. No other issues. Free parking.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Betsy W
Reviewed 5 October 2014

The staff at the Roberts Riverwalk were friendly and helpful. The hotel and the accommodation were both lovely. It is perfectly positioned for the river walk to Downtown Detroit, which is well worth doing as the views across the river are fantastic and the path is well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura G
Reviewed 19 September 2014

Hotel was neat- interesting architecture. The only hiccup was that check-in was slow and they first gave us the key to the wrong room (someone had already checked into that room). The management was nice about it and corrected the problem. Our 2-queen bedroom was very roomy (even the bathroom). The view along the river great- especially on nice summer days. We visited Detroit for a concert in August and found an awesome bar right down the street- Andrews on the Corner. It was only a 5 min walk and they offered free a shuttle to and from the concert at Comerica Park. It was super convenient!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HDiet
Reviewed 16 September 2014

This Hotel has changed hand a few times over the years; the renovations have improved this hotel. The rooms are "quaint", most do not have a mini bar, there is restaurant on the lower level and the outside space is beautiful and a great place to walk or relax or have a romantic date in the evening off the water. The front desk staff was very helpful. the hotel main floor is really nice with a waiting area and tv. Nice hotel for a romantic getaway or for a business stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had our first annual family reunion dinner at this hotel Saturday August 23rd. Upon pulling in, we encountered a very long wait for a very rude valet. I don't think this hotel is ADA compliant because on walking into the front doors there are stairs so it was difficult for my mom who has a walker and myself who had a stroller to get down to the banquet area. The room itself was decent but the food.......the food was by far the worst food that I have ever had at an event. The lemonade was room temperature, ugh! The chicken was dry, ugh! The beef was rolled up with gravy on it and looked so disgusting I couldn't bring myself to eat it. I have no idea what was on the potatoes but ugh! The salad and veggies were even tasteless. I could tell even the dessert was store brought and they tried to dust it with powdered sugar I guess in hopes of making it look 'fancy." Our group also booked the outdoor patio area for after dinner and while I didn't stay for that my aunt told me it was filthy. I would never stay at this hotel and would warn anyone against booking an event here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family