All reviewsfoot ceilingsenjoyed my stayjazzriverfrontwindsor
Reviewed 12 October 2017

If I could give this hotel a Zero I would! We stepped into the hotel & we were not greeted & we asked the lady at the front desk if we could get a rolling cart for our bags, she told us we had to walk downstairs and grab one ourselves. At that point my husband & I are shocked she would expect her hotel guests to do that. We then parked our car and noticed the car next to us was broken into and we immediately reported it to management. She didn't seem to care one bit. We then got into our room and noticed we had no fridge or microwave & all but ONE outlet was working! We turned the TV on and it was extremely blurry and we were unable to watch TV. We have never stayed at a hotel that had they many problems!! We decided to call the front desk and let them know of the issues and the phone line was always busy. We could not get a hold of anyone downstairs. We finally went downstairs to let them know and they told us it was "extra charge for the fridge & microwave and we had to request it". I couldn't believe the poor customer services skills from the front desk! We then waited 3 hours to get a fridge and microwave installed. The fridge & microwave were very dirty and dusty after they were installed! It was 10:30pm and the outside noise level was ridiculous! Our room was facing the entrance & the shouting & screaming from the outside guests made it impossible for us to get any sleep that evening! We tried calling the front desk but as usual nobody answered the phone.
We ended up staying up all night due to the noise! The next morning we called housekeeping to get clean towels and bed sheets and nobody answered the phone. We called and called and then finally we went downstairs to the front desk and they told us someone would be upstairs shortly to bring us towels & bed sheets. That was 2 hours later! We went back downstairs & told them we need towels and sheets immediately & they told us again that someone would be upstairs shortly to bring us. Nobody arrived!!! So we decided to leave for a few and when we came back to our room we seen that housekeeping had left the towels and bed sheets on the chair in our room and didn't even bother to change our towels or sheets!! I couldn't believe they didn't bother cleaning our bed or at the very least putting the towels away in the bathroom! We decided we were NOT going to stay another night so we gathered up all of our bags and walked down to the front desk to let them know what a terrible experience we had! She gave us a contact paper with an email & phone number to call since we were not happy with our stay. We filled it out and we will NEVER come back! Not to mention, the phone number on the contact sheet the front desk had given us didn't even work! If you are thinking about staying at this hotel forget it!! This hotel is the epitome of GARBAGE!!! Do not waste your money on this place!

Room Tip: Do not get a room from here!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank mackenziereynolds00
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Check in staff was very rude when we finally got in our room there was no refridge or micro wave the bed didn't even have a comforter on it the TV only had 6 channels. With in 15 minutes another couple entered our room claiming they were given the same room. Managements response was sorry we over booked when asked about our refund we were told to summit a refund request to corporate headquarters it only takes 7 to 10 days for them to review it. Any where else would have credited your card at that moment. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dbmccants
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The list of problems that we had with this hotel filled up a whole page!
I have submitted a "Request For Refund" which I changed to "Demand for Refund".
It took 40 minutes to check in due to an IT problem.
First we were given a room that had not been serviced, then one that was so small and dark and finally one that appeared to be OK at first, then we started to discover the problems.
As the list is so long I won't repeat it here, suffice to say that even although one problem was fixed it failed again.
Coupled with the attitude of total disinterest by the staff I have no hesitation in saying it would be better to sleep on a park bench.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger G
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We reserved a queen room. Called to double check it was okay for today. Arrived and said that they over booked and had no rooms. We're not helpful with a solution on what we were suppose to do as we prepaid.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Savanna K
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We ended up getting this hotel through a blind hotwire deal. I was worried after reading the reviews but kept an open mind. There is a lot of work being done in the neighbourhood surrounding the hotel. Nice condo's and beautiful brownstone townhouses etc. I would not consider this a "downtown" hotel but it was classified as such. The roads leading up to the hotel are full of potholes and the lobby was not air conditioned so first impression was not exactly great. Check in was not quick so quite a few people were ahead of us. When it was finally our turn to check in they asked me for my ID. I quickly grabbed the first thing in my purse which was my passport. The lady took it and then photocopied it! I should have stopped her and gave her a different piece of ID but was tired and hot so didn't say anything even though I thought it was strange. I did hear the lady before me complain about it but the clerk said you can request it back at check out. When we got to our room and opened the door we heard a voice saying "hello, hello". They gave us keys to a room someone else was already staying in?!!! Went back to front desk and the clerk gave us new keys to another room up on the 4th floor. We get to the new room and it has a do not disturb sign on the door. I looked around and many doors had the same sign on the door. It was only 4pm so took the chance and went in anyway. Room was large and had it's own thermostat so we were happy. The bed was comfortable enough but 3 standard size pillows on a king size bed looked a bit off. There was coffee supplies but no coffee maker and no glasses in the bathroom but other than that it was acceptable. We took an Uber to the new Little Caesars arena for $8.00. At check out I asked for the photo copy of my passport and was given some excuse about the paper work not being available due to a night audit. We left feeling a little uneasy about the fact that they own a copy of my passport. Overall the hotel did what we needed it to do but would not stay here again. There is great potential for it to be a very nice hotel one day but would need a lot of work and money put into it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple