Arriving late at a hotel is never easy, but this experience was beyond awful. When I arrived at 1 am there were people sitting in the lobby waiting for rooms to be cleaned. I was told it would take 30-45 minutes to get a room. Two hours later, after being forgotten about for 45 min, I got a room. Upon arrive to my room, I found an odd, loud machine in my room. I should have just unplugged it and gone to sleep. But I didn't, I called and waited an additional 20 minutes for maintenance to come retrieve their smell reduction machine. It didn't reduce the smokey smell...
Upon waking to loud banging after 4 hours of sleep, I thought it would be nice to have room service for breakfast. I didn't have a menu but I called and ordered anyway. Several minutes later, I got a call from the room service department asking for my credit card information. Luckily I had read the many warnings (in my delightful wait time in the hotel lobby) about not giving your credit card over the phone and that hotel staff would NEVER call and ask for your credit card information. I didn't give my info, but was concerned about the whole thing.
Later that day I asked at the hotel front desk about the smokey smell and the odd credit card call. They didn't care. At all. But they did have my credit card info.
The view from my room was lovely and the location was great as I was at a conference in the building. Lots of food options.
If you go be careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring 73 floors above the Detroit River, the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is ideally located in downtown Detroit, situated on the RiverWalk and next to Hart Plaza. The hotel is within the GM Renaissance Center, which provides convenient access to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Detroit "People Mover" public transportation system enables guests to visit top attractions that surround the hotel. Floor-to-ceiling windows and dramatic views highlight our hotel rooms, while a reinvented lobby boasts functional seating and business friendly amenities in a trendy setting. Delight in the stylishly urban ambiance of Volt, and enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Detroit Marriott At The Renaissance Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Renaissance At Center
- Marriott Detroit
- Renaissance Detroit