Were in town for an automotive trade show. Hotel was on the list associated with the conference. Wouldn't guarantee king bed. Upon check in and asking for a king was told there were none available. The beds looked like twin beds. My husband & I couldn't even sleep in the same bed they were so small! The staff were polite and we didn't experience any problems. The room was nice & clean. The Ren Center is large and confusing. Disappointed in the stores and restaurants there. Most were closed. The only place to eat in the hotel is Volt. In the evenings it was the only place open. Volt is a noisy bar; not a place to have coffee & dessert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soaring 73 floors above the Detroit River, Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center is ideally situated on the RiverWalk and next to Hart Plaza. Our hotel in downtown Detroit, Michigan sits within the GM Renaissance Center, which provides convenient access to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The Detroit "People Mover" public transportation system enables guests to visit top attractions that surround the hotel. Floor-to-ceiling windows and dramatic views highlight our hotel rooms, while a reinvented lobby boasts functional seating and business friendly amenities in a trendy setting. Delight in the stylishly urban ambiance of Volt, and enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Detroit Marriott At The Renaissance Hotel Detroit
- Detroit Renaissance At Center
- Marriott Detroit
- Renaissance Detroit