“Great place for light fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Petit Zinc

Le Petit Zinc
Ranked #3 of 18 Dessert in Detroit
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Michigan
“Great place for light fare”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've wanted to go to Le Petit Zinc for a long time, but the menu didn't seem extensive enough for my "meat and potatoes" husband. My sister-in-law wanted to do lunch one Saturday and I finally had my chance. She ordered coffee and fresh-squeezed oj and I had a rosewater honey latte that was incredible! She ordered a ham crepe and generously offered me a bite, which was seriously heaven. Probably the best crepe I've ever had. I had the nicoise salad and it was exactly what I wanted. A light and fresh salad with great quality ingredients. This place is tiny, but they have a bar where you can eat or wait for a table, which is nice. A perfect spot for breakfast or lunch.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nickelodeon01

Detroit, Michigan
“Worth searching it out”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

A great place for a leisurely brunch, especially great in nice weather when you can sit out in the garden. They do a nice job with all their crepes and coffee drinks. Always a nice vibe and fresh ingredients.

And hey, random location means that parking is always easy!

• Visited December 2013
Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
“Wonderful Restaurant in a Very Unexpected Place”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Le Petit Zinc is not in a part of Detroit where you would think a great little French café was ...but, this is a great little restaurant! The atmosphere is warm and charming. The food is fantastic, the tomato bisque was really fresh and the crepes are wonderful (as good as what you get in Paris!). The first time I went there, the service was really slow but, the 2nd time, the service was great. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2014
Macomb, Michigan
“Not disappointed”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I were not disappointed by this quaint restaurant in the Corktown area of Detroit. I had a Mushroom, spinach and cheese crepe and it was excellent. My wife had the Ratatouille crepe and this was good, but not as good as mine. We also shared a bowl of the Tomatoe Bisque soup and it was fresh and very good. Aside from the area being a little dangerous, this place is perfect. The service was great also.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TingTing98
Michigan
“Sweet Spot off the Beaten Path”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This little spot in Corktown was fun to stumble upon. We had sandwiches which were fresh and delicious. The citrus crepe was a light, scrumptious end to the meal. The service was slow but keeping with the "French" ambiance.

• Visited October 2013