“Funky historic pub”

Cuisines: Pub, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stopped in to Grand Trunk Pub while downtown for celebrations for Detroit's 313 Birthday. It's a beautiful old building with some great architecture. They had a sizable list of craft beers. Staff were very friendly and seem to love working there. I understand they have a fabulous Sunday Brunch.

There are newer reviews for The Grand Trunk Pub

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have been here twice now and have loved both experiences. I would recommend eating inside because there are beggars that will walk up to you asking for money if you're on the patio. I had a man ask for money while leaning on the rope and he fell over and almost hit my table. Not the best way to enjoy a meal. Inside, however, is so incredibly cool and the food is to die for. I will go here every time I'm in the D.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Good local place to visit with lots of character and easy to get to. Both inside and outside seating. Good beer choices with variety of local michigan brews. Like the fact that they have pilsners, stouts, ambers and porters. Service was good too.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

While in Michigan for a family wedding, we went site seeing and stopped at Grand Trunk Pub for a bite to eat. It was the BEST burger that I have ever eaten. The meat was so fresh and tasty and they cooked each to our satisfaction. The olive bread was out of this world. Historic place and the décor is unique. The service could have been better, but check out this Pub.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We went as we heard it was not-to-be missed. Arrived about 8 PM and easily found a seat for our party of six on a Thursday night. Fun server who suggested their cosmos when I wanted a mixed drink. I had two and they were vodka with a splash of cranberry. Talk about your moneys worth! She made a couple of good beer recommendations as well for the guys in our party. Architecturally it was a cool building and a fun stop.