The Inn on Ferry Street
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdetroit institute of artsshuttle servicethe main housecarriage housewayne statefree shuttlescott housebed and breakfastfresh fruitwithin a mile radiuscd playerpublic libraryhistorical museumcookiesmodern conveniencesfour poster bedquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Absolutely charming art deco/Craftsman style houses and rooms. Fabulous breakfast buffet, and, coffee, tea, cider and cake all day in the dining room. Totally well located in the cultural district. The staff could not be sweeter or more gracious-ALL of them. Shuttle service available within 5 miles, which we used every day. Personal service. The day driver, Steve, is like a tour director and stopped enroute to shoe us important, beautiful, historical buildings that he even gave us brief tours of! You can walk to at least 4 museums within 5 minutes. It is a beautiful, impressive area. You would not know there were any problems in Detroit!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I rely on Tripadvisor and was excited to visit this historic hotel. Loved the mansions and grounds. Great lobby and salon serving breakfast. Quiet and calming for business travellers and others. Close to museums and medical center. I enjoyed walking the grounds and front desk and bellmen were very good at providing restaurant referral and orienting me to ground and general information about the area.

Starting to go downhill on second day. Clearly bed and BR has not been attended to by my return at 4pm. I discussed with lobby staff on the way to dinner He was shocked and planned to call housekeeping. Upon our return, the bed was still unmade. Strike 2. Checked out the next morning. Was told cc had been declined and then she realized I was prepaid in full. When I told her about my room not being cleaned, she was clearly not empowered to provide any service recovery and didn't know about my experience the day before. She said she would ask her manager to call me. Never got a call. As I sat for breakfast after checking out, I began to see the spotty glasses in the dining area. Strike 3 Despite the great facility, they get a C- for service

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kelley K
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My fiance surprised me with a three day trip to Michigan in August. The first night we stayed here at the Inn on Ferry Street. It was about a 25 minute drive from the Detroit airport. The Inn itself is a series of old homes that have been remodeled and updated, but still have a very classic feel to them. The staff were extremely nice and it is located within just a few miles from the downtown entertainment. They provide a complimentary shuttle bus if you want to go to a Red Wings or Tigers game or just want to go dining. The room was wonderful and served its purpose as a nice place to relax and recharge. We stayed in room 2303 in the Scott House. I recommend this room. The only warning I have is that this room is located on the third floor which requires climbing a few flights of stairs. I did not see an elevator inside the home. Highly recommend this place and wish I could have spent more time there.

Room Tip: 2303 Scoot House
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank officerb
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight after a wedding at the Inn. The location is great, just minutes from the major museums and restaurants, and the hotel is a series of historical mansions that have been restored. All the houses are beautiful, clean and well maintained. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Would definitely stay here again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hanna Y
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Inn is a series of old mansions, lovingly restored and brought up to modern code. They still have their gilded age ambiance but the electricity and plumbing is modern and works. We had the basic room and it was still large, comfortable and had a built in Jacuzzi. Breakfast is included and has eggs in addition to the usual sweets and fruits in continental breakfast fare. The bagels run out early. The free shuttle within five miles is for real, we used it two or three times over our three day stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family