“Nice Sunday Brunch”

Ranked #53 of 1,144 Restaurants in Detroit
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My spouse and I had brunch at Seva on Sunday (24AUG14). The restaurant has a nice patio and a fairly neat interior with lots of artwork. There was a guitarist on the patio which I felt was a nice touch.

We ordered the General Tso's cauliflower to start. I had the Enchiladas Calabaza and my boyfriend had the "Seva Club" with Tofurky.

I enjoyed the enchiladas - the tortillas that accompanied them were a bit hard. My boyfriend said his sandwich tasted similar to a club sandwich and enjoyed his sweet potato fries.

The only negative experience we had is that our server (who was very kind and helpful) had terrible body odour. I am a vegetarian but still firmly believe in personal hygiene.

We both left full and happy - I would definitely visit again when I am in the Detroit area.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Went here for lunch with my daughter who is vegan. The parking lot is a bit challenging to find and a ride around the block was needed. Plenty of vegan and vegetarian items on the menu. We shared the General Tso's Cauliflower appetizer which was fabulous. We both had the chargrilled veggie sandwich. I had mine with goat cheese. It was very tasty. Tried the orange cake which was nice but a bit too sweet. The chocolate tart was rather dry. Plenty of locals obviously like this spot because the carry out area had a steady stream of customers. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We are a motley crew of vegan, vegetarian, and omnivores but we all agree on one thing - food that is prepared well with fresh ingredients make the dining experience enjoyable. Entrees for our group included Greek salads and Enchiladas made with butternut squash. Our two hungry teens made quick work of Grilled Pesto Pizza sandwiches. Even the juices and soft drinks live up to the menu tag-fresh "imaginative" Vegetarian cuisine. I ordered a lime rickey (sans the alcohol, that they do serve) and it came with a mash of Michigan sour cherries and fresh limeade. Refreshingly different! Worth the effort to find them while visiting the area.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Dined at Seva without of town guests that were not vegans and they loved their dining experience. Great selection of entrees and sides. Many choices of daily specials and lots of "half off" daily deals. Fun place to dine, efficient waitstaff, and all out fun ding experience!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

As vegans we wanted to try some of her local eateries. We used gps to find this place but go around the block if not immediately obvious. I ordered a grilled veggie sandwich that was incredible. My boyfriend kept saying it tasted like steak. Don't know about that but sure was yummy. Our server, I think her name was Sam was sweet.