“Big money”
Review of Greektown Casino

Greektown Casino
Ranked #50 of 142 things to do in Detroit
More attraction details
Owner description: From Baccarat and Blackjack to Craps and Caribbean Stud, this lively casino ensures an exciting gaming experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Big money”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Went two nights in a row and won over a $100 the 1st night and $300 the 2nd night. Great time. Wish it was smoke free.

Betsy M, Manager at Greektown Casino, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us Kristin. We are so pleased to hear that you were able to win both nights that you were staying with us! We would like to let you know that we will be upgrading our ventilation system in the next few months to provide cleaner, fresher air for our players and team members. We hop that you will be back to check it out soon!

• Korean first
Columbia, Mo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Customer service is very poor...”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've been going to Greektown for about 4 years, enough to work up to their Silver card level. I found it strange that I never received any of the bonus perks listed on their website for various offers such as comped trips to Detroit sports events, river crusies, etc., but I never complained because I was happy just being able to use the high limit clerks instead of the cattle call of the reg. promotion lines at the main casino services. Earlier this week I happened to be at Greektown on a day when they had a promotion for a free George Foreman grill, so I figured I might as well take the gift of the week offer. Went to the high limit kiosk and printed my coupon, then went to the clerk to turn it in for the freebie. She looked at me and said "You know this line is for Silver and Gold cards only, don't you". I smiled, agreed and showed her my silver card. She took it from me and said "You're gonna have to go downstairs and get a new card". She confiscated my old card and wouldn't even let me cash out the remaining food comps at the kiosk which was 3 feet away. After this I just turned around and walked to the car. Sent an email to Greektown asking them to zero my account and remove my name from the system. Seems I was demoted in November, even though no one told me over the past 4 months. I've been using the same card all this time w/o any issues. Strangely, my play year to year has been about the same, so I'm guessing they've raised the requirements to get Silver or Gold cards. I'm not unhappy about be dropped to a lower card level, but how it was handled. The clerk basically scolded me like a 10 year old. I'm through with Greektown. Not only because of this, but I'm pretty burnt out on the 'same old same old' all the time. Not many machine updates and I can find somewhere else to second hand smoke about 2 packs a day.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mizzourah
Betsy M, Manager at Greektown Casino, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very sorry that you were treated the way that you were. Please know that our players club is on a rolling 6 month basis. Levels are based on the amount that you play within a 6 month period. We apologize that we did not communicate with you regarding your level change. Have you checked out our brand new GT Rewards program? This program allows our guests to earn points faster than ever and you get better offers. We hope that we will be able to have you back to check out all of the exciting things happening at Greektown.
Livonia, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Casino”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have gone to Greektown several times. I work downtown and have even gone on my lunch hour. It is smokey in there, but it is also smokey at Motorcity. I have only been to Motorcity once and spent $300 there and won nothing, but I did get a free room out of it. I have been to Greektown at least 10 time in a year and have never been given a free room. Even though I have probably spent $1000 there. I like Greektown because it is in the center of everything else Downtown but if I'm not going to get anything for spending my money there, I'll drive 5 minutes to Motorcity.

Visited December 2013
Betsy M, Manager at Greektown Casino, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you have been to Greektown many times. We currently do not offer any promotions for the hotel, but with our new GT Rewards program, you can earn points faster and get more offers quicker! Have you picked up your new rewards card yet? We will also be upgrading our ventilation system in the next few months to provide the casino with fresher, cleaner air. We hope to have you back to see us soon!
Belleville, Michigan
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Good place to blow some time and money”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Tough to win any money here. Had fun drink specials are okay, vodka and red bull for four bucks or wine, probably from a box. Play over by the open wall for an area that is not so smokey. Overall a fun place.

Visited February 2014
Betsy M, Manager at Greektown Casino, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for visiting us! We are so happy to have had you check out our casino while you were in Detroit. We are currently working on making many great improvements to the overall casino, including a brand new ventilation system. We hope that you will be able to come and check out the improvements in the next few months!
Baltimore, Maryland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Be careful, Poker room is weak”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Greektown is nice area and during the day and early evening it seems pretty safe. Just be careful though as its still downtown Detroit. There is train station near by for quick access to the rest of the city.

I played poker and it was 2 tables and most were regulars. This poker room was hard to find as there was no signs. It was stuck in a back hallway away from the rest of the casino. I dont think the room fills up too much more than what it was. I would play at one of the other casinos if you have a chance. I was staying at the Renaissance center and didnt want to venture too far.

4 Thank BS0716
Betsy M, Manager at Greektown Casino, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are currently making many great improvements to the entire casino and hotel. We hope that you will be able to come back and check them out soon!