“Loud, Loud, Loud!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The rooms at the back are simply terrible: the central a/c is similar to a 747 starting/landing. Sleepless nights guarenteed. Location is good as far as access from I375 and downtown is concerned. Breakfast is good, staff are very friendly. Wouldn't return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIDETROIT, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for your stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the AC system. Our Engineering department has been working with the units and we are addressing the noise. Some units were replaced, and others have had new motors installed. We will keep on these units and repairs until we have fully corrected for all rooms.

David Kipfmiller

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 12 May 2013

this hotel is in walking distance of both comerica park and ford field. the staff was great and knew the area well i would definitely recommend renting a car and parking it here as it is easy to go in and out all day to other places in detriot. we were upgraded to a suite and that had plenty of room not a fancy room but clean and well maintained

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
HGIDD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be at your service the next time you are in Detroit.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

My family stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a Saturday night concert at Ford Field. The proximity to Ford Field was my main reason for the selecting the hotel. I was pleasantly pleased by both the amenities and room. The hotel staff was very pleasant and the Chrome Lounge was added bonus. I was concerned about noise considering the location of the room near the elevator. Much to my surprise the room was much quieter than similar properties I have visited. The card access to floor and lobby personnel reinforced the safety aspects of the hotel. Save yourself the hassle of Ford Field parking chaos and stay here instead. Three minute walk....can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Lisa B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Hi Greg!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay! We are so glad to hear that you were happy with our staff and accommodations as well as had the opportunity to try the Chrome Bar & Grill! We hope that we will see you again in the future.

Lisa Beam, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2013

The hotel was clean, the staff was awesome, the location was perfect. Great options of restaurants near by. The hotel had a laundry facility that I could wash clothes, that is a plus. The location was easy to get to freeway wise and it was within walking distance to the ballpark, intact, last year we visited the Philadelphia ballpark and the game parking for the ball game cost nearly as much as our hotel parking with in and out privileges at this hotel, and we were actually almost closer to walk to the hotel this year than the event parking last year.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We spent a week there on business and the staff recommended many restaurants within a safe walking distance. Note there is only valet parking which you pay for. You can see the Tigers ball field from the hotel. The morning breakfast was average. The service was above average. I would stay here again if doing business in Detroit.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Octorafest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciate the feedback. We hope you'll consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel several times a year. It's a great location for going to Tigers and Lions games. The staff is always friendly and helpful. My only complaint is this hotel is not as clean as it use to be. The last two times I have stayed here there were long dark hairs in the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have no complaints, a rare feat when I visit a hotel! I arrived in town by Greyhound, and took the People Mover to the nearby Cadillac stop and walked a few blocks to the hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and I found myself with a room on the fourth floor. The room had both wired and wireless internet freely available, which surprised me - I used the wireless and found it plenty fast for me, and the table had plenty of space for my gigantic laptop. The room TV had a decent channel selection (but who watches TV, anyway?), and a microfridge was also available. The showerhead had a decent flowrate, and soap and shampoo was available.

Like I said, no complaints. The Greektown casino (which I did not frequent) and Greektown restaurants (which I did) are just a few blocks away, and I walked all over town taking photos with the hotel as my homebase.

One strange thing did happen, I guess - I asked the hotel desk to arrange a cab for me, and they had the cab driver call me, which has never happened before. The cab itself had no meter and the trip cost me more than I thought it would. So maybe you should schedule your own taxi.

But, overall, recommended, for sure. Note that I paid about half the price listed on the hotel website by using Priceline's "Name your own price" feature.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business