“Another great little restaurant in Detroit”

Mercury Burger and Bar
Ranked #25 of 1,181 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: A new restaurant/diner and bar in Corktown neighborhood.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great food, prices and micro-brews. What more can a diner with good taste ask for? I ordered the black bean veggie burger (had minced jalapenos too) with Swiss cheese, tomato, lettuce and a family side of tater tots. Yum! Other meals were traditional burgers options that were gobbled up. Our waiter was friendly, attentive and helpful. Just a great dining experience!

1  Thank Suzanne_July

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Best time to go is when the weather permits outdoor seating, when the setting, food, and beverages only need a few good friends to make a perfect meal. Indoors is a quasi-retro diner decor, kept spotlessly clean, but just isn't all that "warm", in the metaphysical sense. Frequently out of beers and other menu items, but lots to choose from so not a tragedy. Works hard to use local, fresh, and quality ingredients, and it pays off in the caliber of the food. Kid friendly (has real milkshakes) safe area and secure parking. Good times!

1  Thank greagan
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I am a burger LOVER, and when my friend told me and then took me to this place.. I fell in love! I have been more than once, and just can not get enough! They have great local beers as well. The fries are awesome, and the atmosphere is pretty cool.

It's right across from Slows BBQ so it is easy to find, and easily one of my favorite burger places in MI.

1  Thank DakotaMariee
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Great Burgers, Great Service, Artistic patio. A pleasant investment into Detroit and Corktown. Thank you for making the commitment.

1  Thank Kathie S
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stopped in the Mercury after realizing the wait at Slow's (across the street) was going to be too long for us. In the shadow of the iconic Detroit train depot, the Mercury has a cozy & clean atmosphere, great food, and attentive service. The menu is primarily burgers (which were hot, delicious, and cooked as ordered), but the caesar salad we ordered was very good as well. The sides were homemade too. I would definitely go back here (and not just as an alternative to Slow's). Next time we might just wander across the street to the Sugar House afterwards and make a night of it!