“Good, mostly”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Michigan
“Good, mostly”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Not earth shaking, but OK. Kinda high priced for pizza, which really is all this is. I DO like their lunch special where you get a small "personal" pizza and a salad. Good value.

• Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
Detroit, Michigan, Usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deep Dish Delicious”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The best Deep Dish pizza in the Detroit area. Rivals Chicago. Takes a while to cook, so plan for a wait...not a place to choose when you're in a hurry. Loaded with delicious cheese and selected fillings.

• Visited July 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“I love Pizza Papalis”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Because I live so far from this restaurant, I always make it a point to order before I leave my office. I have had Chicago deep dish pizza and this restaurant is very comparable. Their seafood combo is absolutely wonderful. I find that unlike other pizza, the crust is to be enjoyed afterwards.

• Visited April 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Way better places to visit in Detroit for pizza, and dinner in general.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I guess I don't get it. Pizza Papalis is always well rated on Internet review sites. I didn't find it to be anything remarkable.

We were seated upstairs where the first waitress we encountered started complaining about having too many tables, and how she was "just done". She never approached us, but made the comments in our range. Luckily another waitress came over to see if we had been helped. We asked if they were closing soon, and she said they were open until 1am, it was only 9pm. We didn't know why the other waitress was so upset, but we were happy our new waitress, and we tipped her more than 50% on our bill because of it.

We ordered a pepperoni cheese garlic bread as an appetizer, it was garlic butter, cheese, and pepperoni layered atop a white submarine bun. The bun was the regular old Greektown white bread, but the toppings made it pretty good. We ate the entire thing, as we waited for our Pan Pizza that took more than 20 minutes to come out after the bread. By that time we were full of cheese bread, and just took our pizza to go. I ate a slice when we got back to our room across the street, it was pretty good, but not as epic as people have reviewed it in my opinion.

Overall if you want pizza in Detroit go to Buddies. Pizza Papalis is convenient for people in Greektown, and it is something different being offered up on Monroe Street.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank noxiousburrito
Frankfort, Michigan
“Downtown Treat”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A regular stop when we are downtown. The pizza is always outstanding. We always get their anti pasto salad. Their homemade dressing is the best!

• Visited October 2013