1,013 results
All reviewsfront deskpeople movercobo hallqueen suitejoe louis arenagreat view of the rivervalet parkinghart plazared wings gamecorner roomdefinitely stay here againambassador bridgethe room was nicevalet servicetigers gameford fieldhotel restaurant
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked a 1 night stay here so we could visit Eastern Market, walk the waterfront and get up early and tailgate before a Lions game! We pulled in off Jefferson, had to go in and request a bellman--but everything was taken care of for us. Rooms were nice, fun watching the barges on the river. Unfortunately, did not sleep at all since the room was next to the elevator and you could hear the pings of the elevator shaft. Upon checking out, I advised the front desk and she just asked if I requested a room change. Just what I want to do in the middle of the night---pack up change rooms!
I did leave an article in my room and a big thanks to Alicia in housekeeping for saving it for me. Also to Francisco, Shamika & Hugh for arranging UPS to return it to me.
Overall, a beautiful hotel, I would stay here again (but far from the elevators!!)

Room Tip: Make sure the room is far from the elevators!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Hugh F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. We are glad that choose our hotel while you visited Detroit Eastern Market, the Detroit Riverwalk, and Ford Field. I wanted to official apologize about the location of the room, and we will make sure to give you a room away from the elevators for your next visit. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be beautiful and look forward to your return. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

For a downtown hotel in a major city the room rate I got was good for me. My room had an excellent view of the GM building and the waterway that separates us from Canada. The $25 a day valet has got to go, even though my car was always ready for me when I needed it. Staff was wonderful all around. Even when my toilet in my room didn't flush they gave me another room with the same view just on a lower floor. The city of Detroit will be seeing me again. They are rebuilding a better Detroit and I want to come back to see it, hopefully while staying at the Crowns Plaza.

• Stayed: October 2013
Hugh F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to providing feedback about your recent stay; we are glad to hear that you had an excellent view of the GM building from your room. We are also happy to hear that you thought our staff was wonderful. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Booked a room last-minute for a Red Wings game with friends. I booked through one of those "hidden hotel" sites, booked for 4 adults and got a room with 2 full size beds. Queen size would be nice but considering the size of the rooms, full-size is perfectly understandable.

This hotel has a lot of history. The Hotel Pontchartrain has been remodeled and is back in business. Everything that I could see was clean and polished. Updated and modern but still feels like a old classic.

The rooms are really cool, it looks like every outside-facing room has a v-shaped window so you can see a bunch of the city. Our room was overlooking Cobo and Windsor.

Only complaints that I have is that check-in and check-out seemed "clunky". Employee at the desk had to ask for my ID and credit card 4 times (and this was a fully pre-paid reservation). Took almost 10 minutes for him to get us checked it.
Also, we drove around the hotel several times, at the motor lobby there is a sign saying to valet-park on the Jefferson entrance. We drove up and parked there, and no one was there. We went inside and were told to go to the motor lobby. Need to get that sign taken down, or get valet attendants on Jefferson entrance.

Only on-site parking is valet, and I recommend using it. I saw how tight the garage is, and I can see why they dont want guests trying to park in there. They took care of our car, and when we checked out, they had our car upstairs to the Jefferson entrance in about 2 minutes. Convenient.

We did not use the fitness center or pool. I saw the outdoor pool was closed for the season, but I think I saw an indoor pool as well.

Bathroom was very cool, updated but it looked like the floor was the original tile floor. Very good condition and EXCELLENT water pressure.

We watched the end of the Tigers game in the hotel bar after the Red Wings game. Nice bar, but rather pricey, only craft beer on draft and everything seemed to be at least $7 for a average sized pour.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have any preferences. Ask if you can get a river-view room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to reviewing our property. We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the view of Cobo Center and Windsor. I wanted to apologize about the slower than usual check in process. I will continue to provide training to the front desk staff to ensure that the check in and check out process is as smooth as possible. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza and it was a very enjoyable stay. Rooms were nice and newly remodeled, the staff was very professional and knowledgeable. Dawn was exceptional front desk staff, I also met with Security Officer David Johnson and he went over and beyond to make sure me and my family were taken care of. Crowne Plaza you have outdone yourself with the cleanliness and knowledgeable staff, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank detroittravelking
Hugh F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are so happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay. Our staff is extremely happy to know that you had a great time here and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Went to Detroit for a Tigers game-hotel room was clean, well done. Location-across the street from COBO Arena and a few blocks to Tigers. We walked to the Tigers game in the day and night -no problems. Parking is 25.00 at the hotel, we tried finding parking cheaper but no luck. View from window was a dirty pool but it was late in September. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank michd61
Hugh F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your last stay. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time at Comerica Park to watch the baseball game. As you mentioned we are only a few blocks from Comerica Park which makes us the ideal hotel to stay at when watching the game. Thank you and we look forward to your return real soon.