Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront
Hotels.com
US$159
US$154
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfront deskpeople movercobo centerqueen suitejoe louis arenagreat view of the rivervalet parkinghart plazared wings gamecorner roomearly checkdefinitely stay here againambassador bridgevalet servicethe room was nicetigers gameford field
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As others mentioned, great location for downtown access. The room was clean with a great view of the river and the Ambassador Bridge, comfortable and nicely furnished, great bed and nice bathroom, and good heat/AC system--effective and not very noisy. Staff and service were eager, courteous and enthusiastic, though not always as fully coordinated as they might be, but everything I needed got done. Internet and TV service went down during my stay due to a Comcast crash; staff were very apologetic even though it was no fault of the hotel, and I heard them directing guests to nearby spots that had TV available. Room service was prompt with good choices; my only restaurant experience was a breakfast buffet that was nicely done. Great to see a good, solid operation back in business in downtown Detroit and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Nick K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear CraigGR,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It means a lot to me that you really enjoyed your stay and your comment about how good it is to see a solid operation return to Downtown Detroit. I am sorry that you had to experience that Comcast outage, but very pleased to hear that the staff had handled the situation well. Thank you again for your kind words, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I am very excited this hotel reopened. I am happy with the service - hotel staff were all so friendly and helpful.

The room was clean. We got the room we requested. Awesome view! The location is perfect. I will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Magnolia07,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am beyond happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and that you'll return to the hotel in the near future. Myself and the rest of the staff do our best to take the best care of our guests as possible. Thank you again, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Has a great location about 1 block from the river, Hart Plaza, Detroit Riverwalk, COBO center and Jo Louis Arena. Easy walking to many good restaurants. We walked to Starbucks every morning and enjoyed sipping our coffee across the street in Martinus Park. Most rooms have a view of the river. The rooms and bathrooms are small compared to other chains, but the room was clean and the beds comfortable. We stayed 6 nights while attending a graduation at Wayne State. Maid service was slow - usually not done until late afternoon. Overall, for the price the location is great.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with the room facing the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear twickski,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all six of your nights spent at the hotel. The staff works very hard to provide the best product and service around. Next time your here, make sure to try our Tabacchi Coffee Shop, which is a proud server of Starbucks coffee. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great location with riverfront views! All of the staff went above and beyond to anticipate our needs and offer assistance without being asked. Eliza was a great help in particular, but all front desk staff presented themselves so well and always with a smile. Our room on the 22nd floor was very nice and quiet, clean and well-equipped for our needs. The lobby was gorgeous and inviting - we have no complaints and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Higher floors are designated "Quiet Zones."
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie F

Dear Stephanie F,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Eliza and the rest of the staff as well. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

For a first timer in Detroit I really liked Crown Plaza. As I approached, starting from valet to the main desk every staff was really nice. I have to mention the young lady Eliza from the main desk and young man Ray from the valet, they really helped me. The room was nice and clean, and view was amazing. I would definetly stay there if I visit Detroit again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Allen_Br
Nick K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Allen_Br,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Eliza and Ray. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to your return!