“Excellent Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nova Scotia
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here for a very large convention for 8 nights July 23 to 31st. The staff were wonderful, there were so many delegates around but the staff never look frustrated, never got overwhelmed. The service was fantastic. When I needed someone to come fix the toilet, they immediately came up, and it was fixed with no other issues the entire stay. It was a delight to stay here and I would most definitely stay here again. All of the staff, from the front desk to the valet were exceptional.
L.T from Nova Scotia, CA

• Stayed July 2014
Nick K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Worthofit,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay. The hotel staff goes through extensive training to prepare themselves for any and all situations and pieces of business. Being that the hotel is located right next to Cobo, the staff is conditioned to handle very large conventions on a regular basis. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to your return!

Director of Operations/Assistant GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at Crowne Plaza July 22 - 29 to attend a convention. We were a very large group and the staff made us feel welcome and were always smiling and friendly! Everyone - front desk staff, waiters, housekeepers, parking attendants - were most pleasant. Rooms, lobby and eating areas were impeccable. Very comfortable rooms and beds, we slept very well. Food was delicious (lobster mac & cheese anyone?!!). We sent a suit for dry-cleaning and there was an unexpected delay, but Kate made sure we got it before checkout and waived the fee. Thank you to everyone for making our first stay here a great one. We'll try to find a reason to come back someday :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear gendrw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I couldn't be more pleased to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay. I'll make sure to pass your compliments forward to Chef Justin and the front office supervisor Kate. It always pleases me to see compliments such as yours directed towards my staff. Thank you again, and I look forward to your return!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had been advised by others that Detroit was not the place to go.

But we were coming for an International Assembly with Jehovah Witnesses with delegates from at least 8 different countries.

Our stay at Crowne Plaza was quite a pleasant surprise. The main reason was the exceptional service rendered by the staff. Often we prejudge the service by first impressions but this was quickly dispelled by the first evening buffet. Our staff was courteous and fast.

There were two ladies one was Jennifer and I apologized but did not get the spelling of the other lady. I believe her name started with a V. She was hands on not only friendly but also professional.

I would without hesitation recommend Crowne Plaza Downtown to any that are interested!

To the entire staff at Crowne Plaza, Thanks for adding to an enjoyable trip to Detroit!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear James D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay, and share your kind words with everyone. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and your interactions with all of the staff. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Jen and Z as well. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I found the staff at Crowne Plaza Detroit Riverfront extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. They were very patient and accommodating. They really made you feel like a valued client.The beds were comfortable and I had a gorgeous view. My stay was from July 22-29 for an International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Delta crew that I spoke to were also happy to be there, that says something.

Room Tip: Avoid being across from the ice machine.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sonia T,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay. I speak for the entire hotel when I also say thank you for sharing such a fun, eventful week with us as well. It is great to hear that you had conversation with some of our airline crew guests, and they expressed their satisfaction with the hotel to you as well. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to your return. I'll try my best to save one of those corner rooms for you that you like!!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza on July 17, 2014. Aside from the property feeling very upscale, with comfortable beds and attentive front desk staff, the highlight was my the service I received upon realizing I had left my wallet in the room. We drive back to Toronto before realizing it and so I began calling all of the place it may be. Upon calling the Crowne Plaza, I was put straight through to Yvette Thomas who had my wallet. She personally walked it to the UPS store down the street and sent it back to me, everything intact. Replacing ID and credit cards can be an enormous hassle, not to mention dangerous/expensive if it falls into the wrong person's hands, but the staff at the Crowne Plaza were entirely professional in finding it, keeping it, and then sending it back to me. I plan to stay at the Crowne Plaza the next time I am in Detroit, in large part because of their superbly trained staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Andrew C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I wanted to let you know how much I personally appreciate your kind words about the hotel and Yvette Thomas in particular. I have actually taken this review and emailed it out to all of the operational managers at the hotel to share how proud I am of Yvette to see this review. Thank you again for this review, and for giving my staff the opportunity to show you a great service, even after your departure. I look forward to your return!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here after a not so plesant review from a friend and I am so happy I let my phone call with staff member Syrita change my mind. She was very helpful and went above and beyond by finding me concert tickets and a place for dinner and had all this set up, before me and my husband even made it to Detroit. Once I did arrive I was greeted by nothing, but friendly staff everyone we encountered was so helpful. I have recommended this hotel to everyone at my company for further travels.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ariah1
Dear Ariah1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I apologize that you heard unfavorable things about the hotel from a friend, but I'm ecstatic to hear that you were able to experience the hotel's excellent service and product for yourself. The hotel staff tries very hard everyday to provide the best possible service and experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for your kind words, and for passing on your great experience to others. I truly do look forward to your return!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for our Jehovah's Witness Convention July 24-28 and we could not have been more happy and pleased! The staff was extremely accommodating! The room was clean. We had a nice view and it was comfortable. The breakfast was amazing! There were so many choices. The staff was always friendly and hospitable. I never got one rude person! They were extremely accommodating even helping me find milk for my toddler (since everything was closed nearby). We could pay for a buffet for dinner that they set up for us and it was amazing and delicious and extremely convenient for us since we have a toddler. The catering staff were constantly working attending to our needs. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Krissiefurr,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am beyond pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the hotel during the convention. I speak for all of the staff at the hotel when I say thank you for sharing such a fun week with us. Thank you again for your kind words, and I truly do look forward to your return!