“Excellent Treatment by Staff”

Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We got a last minute room to attend a nearby concert and have no regrets. From the moment we walked in and left the next day, every person we came in contact with greeted us and offered assistance. The room was nice, clean, and offered a nice view of the Detroit River, the bridge, and Canada. The location is great because the People Mover is very close and gets you to many of the nearby attractions, i.e, Comerica Park, Greektown, etc., and only costs 75 cents a ride. Would stay again without a doubt.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and the view was cool because we could see out both directions, i.e, to the Ren...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear TrueTigerBlue,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, it is feedback like yours that helps us to better mold our service and product. I am very pleased to hear how much your enjoyed your stay, and that my staff took such great care of you. I will make sure to pass on your compliments as they will mean a great deal to the staff. Please feel free to reach out to myself or any of the front desk staff before your next stay so that we may do our best to block you in a room with your preferred view.

Kate Shrosbree
Social Media Correspondent

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Thank you so much for wonderful stay while we attended our convention. Your staff was very friendly and courteous so it made a great first experience in Detroit. The rooms were clean and appointed nicely. The breakfast buffet was very good too. We look forward to return if we have our convention in Detroit next year. One thing that would have made stay excellent is if your doors had a quiet close. We were woke up every morning by the slamming doors in the hall which was not room occupants fault as all the doors slam shut unless you intentionally do otherwise.

Room Tip: Avoid corner room since all doors are right next to each other and you will be woke up when your nei...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jarrod J
Nick K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Jarrod J,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate you sharing an opportunity for me to look into to bettering the overall stay for my guests. I will have our maintenance crew review all of the guest room door self closers and adjust them to a more noise efficient speed. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our Family Reunion was held here recently and the customer service was outstanding. The staff went out of their way to assist all family members. I appreciated the friendliness and courteous staff. Everyone from valet service, check-in to housekeeping were professional. I enjoyed everything about my experience with the hotel. It was a very busy weekend and the staff was able to work well under pressure. Additionally, the hotel location is excellent close to all the downtown happenings. The hotel is very clean, outstanding view of River separating Detroit and Canada; the riverfront walkway is just across the street adjacent to Cobo Hall, Hart Plaza, and GM Headquarters. I only have praises for this location. I have stayed at two of the other established close by hotels and would stay here in the future before spending more money down the street. The hotel features a Starbuck Café and very upscale restaurant; the food was very good. My hats-off to the staff at Crowne Plaza Detroit.

Room Tip: The view on the top floors 15 and higher are great for seeing the city and the Detroit/Canada River.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Doris R

Dear Doris R,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront. I am very excited to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. Reviews like yours really do encourage the staff to work that much harder. Thank you again for the kind words, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family... The Bellsmen his name was Corey Stallings provided me and my family excellent customer service. He really did a great job with servicing us in everything that we needed.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Katrina W

Dear Katrina W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am beyond thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. I will also make sure to pass your compliments forward to Corey Stallings as he is one of our best bellman! Thank you again, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff at Crowne Plaza were helpful and catered to all of our needs/questions. Stayed there for 1 week and location is very convenient.

My only caveat is that the room we stayed in could be soundproofed better, as hallway noise (doors, talking, ice machine) seemed to be right in our room sometimes. Perhaps management can look into this... Room 1512?

Room Tip: River view, higher floors have more road, ambient street noise that make it up there. Some rooms ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank T_A_R_Brampton
Nick K, Manager at Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear T_A_R_Brampton,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I also wanted to assure you that I agree with your statement about our rooms ending in 12 and 38. I am currently pricing out some sound proofing options for those rooms. The double doors to allow more sound entry than the rest of our rooms in the hotel. I should hopefully have that issue addressed very soon. Thank you for your honest feed back though, as it helps me better mold the hotel's staff and services. I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at the Crown Plaza, 1 night, 8/1/14. Lobby is very nice, elegant, and contemporary. Hotel staff very pleasant to deal with. Room was nice and since we were on a higher floor the view would have been nice too if it wasn't for the cloudy skies.
The room was clean except the carpet could have definitely used a good cleaning. I was glad I remembered by house slippers. My other complaint about the room was the lack of a safe for valuables and a refrigerator. Travelers these days arrive with so many electronics I didn't feel comfortable at all leaving the room and leaving expensive belongings. In addition, most hotels these days have an in room mini fridge. The Starbucks in the lobby was appreciated as was the bar. However, I believed the bar closed at 10PM which I thought was quite early, especially for a Friday night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Luv2travel062270,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay. Make sure to book one of our Queen Wetbar Suites during your next stay to get a room with a refrigerator. We also have safety deposit boxes that you can rent behind the front desk if you want to lock up any of your belongings. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel excellent staff well equipped for any questions or concerns. Front desk helped with getting to Canada on the shuttle bus. We went to Motown while in town simple bus ride. Restaurant food was great breakfast amazing. Beautiful hotel great location fir business or pleasure. The people mover we used alot cheap way to get around town quick. We will stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Miller H,

First of all, congratulations on your engagement!! I'm very happy to hear that the hotel could assist and be apart of such an important life memory for you. Thank you so much for the very kind review of your recent stay, and I look forward to your return. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel for your anniversary stay!