“Best food closet to the ball park”
Review of Elwood Bar & Grill

Elwood Bar & Grill
Ranked #137 of 1,144 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Across the street from one of the entrances to Comerica park. Lots of history here. Great burgers, sandwiches, and wonderful salads. Indoor and outdoor seating. Good to do early before the game starts.

1  Thank CathyTroyMichigan

Reviewed 11 June 2013

As many have said, any trip to Comerica should include a pre-game pit-stop at The Elwood. My wife and I LOVE the atmosphere, the tubs loaded with ice-cold beer and the decent bar food. We always encounter some good-natured ribbing when we're in town to see our Indians take on the Tigers...and we always consider The Elwood as THE only place to go before the game.

1  Thank Section147
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Sat outside with 5 friends before a Tigers game. Red Wings were also playing. The place was crowded and the food was average, nothing special, and overpriced. The service was horrendous to the point that I had to go and speak with a second manager, presumably one of the owners, because the first manager I had spoken with about the horrible service we were getting, was very rude. Her name was Natalie and I think my wife's 4 year old cousin would have done a better job handling the situation. Avoid her at all costs if she even still works there. Needless to say I won't be back and take it from me: there are a plethora of decent burger joints (which is essentially all this place is) around downtown Detroit, go to them instead. This place had literally nothing to offer other than location (near the downtown venues). The beer and liquor lists were mediocre with no local brews or Michigan micro brews at all. The menu was short, but not sweet. And as I said, you are all but guaranteed terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible service on game day. Hope this helps. -David from harrison township

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 10 April 2013

If you go to ANY event at Comerica Park or Ford Field, you MUST stop at the Elwood. Great food, great atmosphere. Even if you don't have tickets to a game, the energy in the place makes you feel like you are there anyway. Getting in there on Opening Day, though is absolutely crazy. Plan to be there at 9:00 a.m. to get a good seat!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Went to the Elwood before a football game at Ford Field (right across the road). Waitress was friendly and service was fast even though it was packed. They even turned on the heaters on the porch and had waiters outside even thought we had 4" of snow falling and the wind was blowing. Drinks were moderately priced. But then the "great service" happened. I found out that Ford Field only allows will call by the staff and ticket office. I had some great tickets to give to a friend who wasn't arriving until later (the roads were terrible and he was running behind). I asked our waitress (Danielle) if she would hold them. Not only did she hold them, she took down his name, and asked to see a photo id when he arrived. If I owned a restaurant or bar downtown I'd hire her in a second...honest and a great waitress.