“Great food in funky atmosphere”
Review of Cass Cafe

Cass Cafe
Ranked #260 of 1,137 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The atmosphere looked like a student hangout (funky but comfortable) on Wayne State University campus, but the food was surprisingly delicious. Lots to choose from, and if the choices by the 4 of us were any indication, lots of great food to choose from! We were in a hurry to get to an event, and the server was careful to get us out on time.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Inn on Ferry Street recommended the cafe and two Detroit friends joined us. When I entered I was unimpressed with decor. It reminded me of breakfast restos, however, the food sold me.

We all had the clam chowder, which often doesn't work out well this far from the sea, however, it was Boston revisited. We tasted each other's mains and they were all excellent. One of our party needed special veg and he got it. The salmon was excellent and flarourful, the beef actually came medium rare as I ordered it and the Bolognese sauce on anothe dish was lovely.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you want to meet the folks that consider the Cass Corridor their flag ship, this is the place to come. Meet interesting people, eat good food. Service is friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is one of my favorite places in Detroit. Great service, great food, great decor, nice, and cozy atmosphere. The Curry Lentil soup is delicious and the signature Lentil Burger. If you're not a vegetarian don't worry there's plenty of options for you too.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Mostly vegetarian, funky, kinda hipster place. Great value. Needed the air conditioner on and was not clear why it was so hot.
I'd still recommend it. Very convenient in the museum district.