“Yucky Service”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Warren, Michigan
“Yucky Service”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Sara Swor,as she called herself the queen of the bio shelter our server, and quite disappointed that she was rude to and racist towards myself and my child; yet she flirted with my husband. She blew her nose and then handled food without washing her hand. She made a racist joke and then laughing and continued to brag that she is a farmer. I went to the restroom and returned to Sara giving a napkin with this # 724-775-5180 and telling my husband to call her. I will never return and will not recommend a disgusting place like this.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Deb J

“Food is ok...Not returning due to new policy”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have patronized this business quite a bit this past semester. The food is ok and service is a little better than ok. I was informed they're instating a new policy that limits the amount of time their guests sit at a table without making another purchase to one hour. I will stay that this place REALLY helped me with those late nights working sessions while juggling a full-time job, four classes, and starting a business - - yes, I have the internet at my condo but honestly, if I would have stayed home, I would not have gotten nearly as much work done.

I could understand if I was there during peak hours but whenever I go, it's pretty slow with plenty of open tables...It's unfortunate that a place that is chose it's location near a college does not welcome the traffic that a university all but guarantees.

I will gladly spend my money elsewhere.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I will critique the food. =) What drew me here was the smoked salmon blt. The salmon isn't really smoked as you'd expect. It has very little to no smoked flavor and has to be cooked. I've tried the turkey and lentil burgers, both of which are unique. I would recommend you have the lentil burger cooked a little harder so that it's firm in the middle or it'll get quite mushy on you. I've tried a handful of other entrees, but they're not worth mentioning. I really like 2 appetizers on the menu, the calamari and the spinach dip. Head's up: I would re-name the spinach dip to cheddar cheese and artichoke heart dip. =) There isn't an entree that will make me miss the place...the above appetizers are what did it for me.

I won't be back because if you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything. The way management approached me left a lot more to be desired...no appreciation for my patronage over the prior months. It was pretty much "you're not welcome here." No worries...there are PLENTY of places where my business is appreciated. I hope this review helps if you decide to check them out.

• Visited May 2014
Southgate, Michigan
“Great Hidden Treasurer”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Don't let the silver, metal doors fool you, this place is no dump. It's a lot bigger inside than it looks. I like trying different places in the city and I was so happy I gave this a try. I'm a vegetarian and this gave me great options. Get the Spanish Burrito, you won't be disappointed! The atmosphere is great and so is the service.

• Visited February 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great food in funky atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The atmosphere looked like a student hangout (funky but comfortable) on Wayne State University campus, but the food was surprisingly delicious. Lots to choose from, and if the choices by the 4 of us were any indication, lots of great food to choose from! We were in a hurry to get to an event, and the server was careful to get us out on time.

• Visited March 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Four contented customers.”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Inn on Ferry Street recommended the cafe and two Detroit friends joined us. When I entered I was unimpressed with decor. It reminded me of breakfast restos, however, the food sold me.

We all had the clam chowder, which often doesn't work out well this far from the sea, however, it was Boston revisited. We tasted each other's mains and they were all excellent. One of our party needed special veg and he got it. The salmon was excellent and flarourful, the beef actually came medium rare as I ordered it and the Bolognese sauce on anothe dish was lovely.

Visited March 2014