“Tour of the Temple”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Tour of the Temple”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Make sure you book yourself in for a tour of the Temple well in advance, this building and the rooms within it are a National Treasure, you will be awestruck with the detail and design throughout. Definitely a "Must See" when in Detroit.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank PiningForTheFijords

Pinckney, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“What a treasure!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Took a photo tour of the Detroit Masonic Temple. It's one thing to go to a performance in the theater, but it's quite another to see all the architectural detail throughout the building. The Parducci influence is evident in much of the temple. The building represents all that was once great in the city of Detroit.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank BrablecCougar72
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Venue, Horrible Staff”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Staffers were rude. Period. I payed $140 per ticket to see a comedy show. Unique situation but my officer husband was told by 2 staffers he could carry & 2 others that he couldn't. One staffer yelled at me once I told him that if we had know we'd have kept his glock at home. He said, "You're not the law, so I don't have to talk to you!" Ignorant!! I mean, who wants to leave a gun locked in a new sports car in Detroit? We've been to 15+ shows at this venue. The area should be happy to have an officer in the house. And yes, my husband had his county police ID. And no, it was not a ccw alone.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Outandaboutown
Detroit, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Grande Ole Dame”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have seen some of the best concerts at Masonic Temple. Lou Reed, The Tubes, Frank Zappa, The White Stripes. Even roller derby. The interior is gorgeous, over the top and wonderful acoustics, Beautiful historic building. The building also has many levels to explore, with wild old funky drinking fountains and telephone booths. Wood paneling, stone floors. It really has everything for someone who is looking for a unique experience. The building is in a funky part of town, but since I live in the City I have my high hopes for this part of town coming back to its former illustrious self.

Visited January 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful Food”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was a beautiful venue for my friend's wedding, but the food was awful. Meat was cold, dry and had no flavor. Same with the potato and uncooked veggies. It's really sad because I know they spent a fortune on this wedding. Also, at the end of the night it was pretty scary waiting for the shuttle to the hotel. There was no sign of security anywhere.

Visited September 2013