“The best place to see the most classic cars”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodward Avenue

Woodward Avenue
oswego
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“The best place to see the most classic cars”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We attended our first Dream Cruise on Woodward Avenue last weekend. It was a very unique experience.... 17 miles of classic/antique/muscle/rat rods cruising through 5-6 towns. You can cruise along with them in your car, or, go into some of the parking areas and take a closer look at some really awesome cars. Lots of 57 T-Birds, Chevys, etc. In Birmingham, we found some great restaurants and bars. Stop by Duggans on Woodward ave and have a beer while watching the cars drive by. There are lots of relatively clean blueboys if you get caught short. Lots of people on the side lines watching the show as cars past by slowly.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank sherburd

Highland, Michigan
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Drives through the heart of it all”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I think every Detroiter has at least once driven Woodward from downtown out past pontiac. If you have not, some day you should. I remember doing this with my grandfather and hearing the stories of what Woodward was like back in the 40's. Well worth the trip.

Visited May 2013
Windsor, Ontario
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“I remember old Detroit”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I'm old enough to remember what Detroit used to be: beautiful, wealthy, vibrant, clean, full of life and energy... It's a terribly depressing sight to see now.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank MisrEmiri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not A Dream Cruise”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

For a classic car lover this is a HUGE waste of time. I've attended car shows and outdoor classic car events from coast to coast and have to say this is the worst!

Unfortunately I traveled all the way here from California specifically for this event believing the hype! What I found was a parking lot full of new modified mustangs hosted by ford, if I wanted to see this crap I would walk into a ford dealership in LA.

So I decided to work my way down this long strung out event and it didnt get any more exciting!

The majority of what you will find is everyday freeway traffic driving this route, with a car worth seeing maybe every 25 cars. This is the "Motor City," I was hoping to see some rare or interesting vehicles at this thing. After awhile I found myself just getting excited to spot something common like a 57' Chevy or anything in the crowd that wasn't a New Mustang or built by Honda or Nissan!

Note to the event organizers, look at the "Dream Cruises" in other states. Narrow this thing down to specific car years and block it off so you can walk around and see these cars without driving 10 miles to see 10 cars!

1 Thank NitroAddict
Waterford, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I travel Woodward often, sadly, like so much of Detroit, there are areas that have seen better day and, unfortunatly, downtown Woodward is one of them

Visited February 2013