“Smooth jazz spot”

Baker's Keyboard Lounge
Ranked #4 of 78 Nightlife in Detroit
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stopped in for an after dinner . Cheered for the band and the smooth groves.... But the peach cobbler stolen the show. We will go again and again.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"clientele"
"stage"

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Great sounds, variety of music, delicious food, smooth jazz atmosphere. Great for date, friends, and even solo. Grand bar with all the selections available.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is an outstanding venue for local and national talent. I have attended numerous times and always had a blast. The food (soul food) is some of the best I have period. Dont be intimidated by the crowds, worth the wait for the experience. Good parking lot security. Check the website for the entertainment. Highly Recommended!

1  Thank B G
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Visiting some friends in Detroit, they took me to Baker's, which claims to be the oldest jazz club in the world. Started in 1934, it changed hands in 1996. We went on Sunday night, because there is no cover, and there is a jam session, they said. I would say it was more of an open mic the night we went, with a house trio to keep things going, and various people sitting in but mostly singers getting up to do a number or two--some good, some OK. We had dinner--I ordered the turkey and it was great, came with dressing and gravy; dinners come with two sides so my friends and I got mac n' cheese, collards, string beans, yams, and mashed potatoes as our sides to share. The drinks were strong, the service quick, the dinners very reasonably priced, and a good vibe in the place. We had a great time... this is a classic jazz club, and there aren't enough of those left, so it was a treat to get to this one.

1  Thank msjones707
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I've been visiting Baker's for many years and decided to write this review. I enjoy the down home ambiance, strong drinks, good food, and wonderful music. It caters to a diverse crowd and you can come dressed up or simply come as you are. I will agree with some other reviews that it is a tad tight in the club but it is what it is. It's an iconic jazz spot located in the neighborhood that should be on your list of places to visit if you are in the "D". Sometimes there is a cover charge depending on who is playing but it is usually minimal. This spot was almost about to close down a few years back but thankfully it is still around so let's continue to show our love for good jazz by continuing to visit.

2  Thank klomb4